Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to install AutoCAD 2012 Free Student Download

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
smitty_cj
8340 Views, 10 Replies

Trying to install AutoCAD 2012 Free Student Download

When I click on download, login to my account or go to student.autodesk the screen does not load or loads quickly and says DONE but just has a blank white screen, what do I do?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
nestly
in reply to: smitty_cj
Message 3 of 11
JDMather

It looks like you have been directed to a link that addresses an Activation problem, NOT an install or download problem as you describe.

You might try over here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

You might also try this site http://usa.autodesk.com/autocad/trial/ for the download and then simply use your personal serial number from the student community for the install.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
nestly
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

It looks like you have been directed to a link that addresses an Activation problem, NOT an install or download problem as you describe.

Indeed, the link posted does is not specific to the OP's problem, however blank and incompletely loaded pages is a common occurance when JavaScript is disabled.

Message 5 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: nestly

smitty -

Try the suggested link for the Activation problem and see if it also takes care of the download problem.

Then report back here with the results so that I will know to direct other students to try this solution (if it works).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
smitty_cj
in reply to: JDMather

I cannot go anywhere into the student autodesk. I've tried the links, lowered certain security and enabled settings but still nothing. I believe it has something to do with the student section of autodesk. Also when it prompts me for my login there and I enter it, it justs brings up the blank, white screen but obviously I can login to the duscussions.

Message 7 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> it justs brings up the blank, white screen

have you tried your http-adress from another computer also?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 8 of 11
JDMather

You haven't answered the question about the alternative download site that I linked.
The student community download has been broken for at least a couple of weeks.

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
princejenefenny

Hi,

pls how do i recover my seril number and product key.  Did not get it back to jhelp me install autocad 2012. Could someone help out please.  Thanks

Message 10 of 11

Hi princejenefenny:

To assist you with your issue, please PM your user ID in Education Community so I may look up and troubleshoot. Alternatively, you may complete the form from thsi link:http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=problem_form and our Education Community Support Team will contact you directly.

I hope to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Arlin 

Arlin Bibat
Message 11 of 11
rakesh96ngl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report