Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to determine if my processor is sufficient for AutoCAD lt install

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
coastuser
656 Views, 6 Replies

Trying to determine if my processor is sufficient for AutoCAD lt install

Will i be able to download and run auto cad lt with an intel core i5 cpu processor (m580 2,67 Ghz)?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: coastuser

I know that would run vertical products like Civil 3D. Maybe not well but it would run. I think LT should run nicely on it.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
pendean

That's One good part of the system, but what's the rest? OS?
Message 4 of 7
coastuser
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks, I currently run the student version of AutoCAD just fine, but it is 2010, so I was pretty sure lt 2013 would work. Don't want to find out after I purchase it though.

Message 5 of 7
coastuser
in reply to: pendean

It is a PC with WIndows 7 Professional, 4 GB Ram, 64 bit system. Think all that stuff checks out, it is my processor that was not specifically listed in the system requirements for AutoCAD LT (listed below) and I wasn't sure if mine was equivilant.

"AMD Athlon™ 64 with SSE2 technology, AMD Opteron™ processor with SSE2 technology, Intel® Xeon® processor with Intel EM64T support with SSE2 technology, or Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support with SSE2 technology"

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Syst...

Message 6 of 7
pendean

The minimum system requirements you read are well below your processor and for the uninitiated appear to be daunting when in fact they are lame.
Basically, they are indicating a classic Yugo as a minimum spec and you have a better modern hatchback instead.
Message 7 of 7
coastuser
in reply to: pendean

Ok, I'll go ahead and make the purchase, thanks for the feedback and the instructive analogy!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report