Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Activate AutoCAD LT 2015

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
thynk
776 Views, 3 Replies

Trying to Activate AutoCAD LT 2015

So we purchased AutoCad LT 2015, and I have been trying to get it working for over 3 days now.  Have been able to get it to install with no problems, but when I try to execute it for the first time and active it crashes and I get a "FATA ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x000000 Exception at 6212694bh"

The numbers on the exception change of course because its gets mapped to different locations each time it starts. However the result is the same. I have narrowed it down to the activation process being the problem, I have read that the AutoDesk liceansing system is a big pain in the butt.

The things I have tried are the following

• Tried to get it running on 3 different systems ( iMac running Windows, 2 Dell PCs all running Windows 7 )
  • I have updated everydriver on the system.
  • Made sure we had all windows updates.
  • Made sure that we installed all the AutoCad Service Packs.
  • Reinstalled .NET framework & Visual Studio Runtime Libraries.
  • Cleared the Digital Signature Cache and reinstalled.
  • Tried different Versions of AutoCad ( 2014 & 2015 )
  • Removed any track of AutoDesk and AutoCad ( Including every registry entry it creates, and there are ALOT )
  • Reset AutoCAD to defaults
  • Rebuild the user profile in Windows
  • Turn off Hardware Acceleration

Also I have tried Calling every number i have seen for AutoDesk and AutoCad, and have gotten NO WHERE, been hung up on, redirected, told to go talk to someone else. I dont understand how you can be a MULTI-BILLION dollar company and you dont offer ANY kind of phone support! and dont give me 866.681.4359, thats the number I have been calling and have gotten nothing but long wait times and being hung up on and being Told well your out of luck Wait till monday. No I been told to post here.

On top of that before all this started I was sold the MAC version of AutoCad instead of the Windows version and was TOLD well buy the windows version and in like 2 weeks we will refund your money but only AFTER you fill out this email and send it back to us.

This has been the single worst expericen with customber service and a product I have ever had in my 15 years of being a system admin.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: thynk

Phone support is handled as a contract thru your Value Added Reseller.

As for your error, generally those are caused by .NET Framework problems in your OS or malware. 

.NET Framework issues can be resolved using the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
thynk
in reply to: TravisNave

Didnt work. I thought it was the machine that we were installing on, because we thought it had to do with it being a mac running windows. Thats why we tried it on two different PC's that have been fully updated to the more current version of everything.

I tried the Dot Net removal and then reinstalled everything ( .NET 4.5 and AutoCad 2015 LT ) and still getting the error. It has to do something with the license activation, thats where it crashes.

I dont get how the Trial Version works without any problems but the purchased copy dosen't. The only difference is the lic activation.

Message 4 of 4
thynk
in reply to: thynk

So we resolved the issue ourselves. So hopfully the solution helps someone else that's stuck with this software.

If you get this message then that probably means that the activation failed because one of the ports on your network

is closed. I have no idea why the software just crashes instead of telling you that, "hey I can't connect to the activation server

do something about it", but hey I am not the one selling this $1200-$4200 piece of software to bussinesses.

The FLEXlm® based version uses the following ports:

TCP ports 2080 (for the adskflex vendor daemon)
TCP ports 27000 to 27009 (for the lmgrd master daemon)

The Élan based version uses one of the following port addresses:

The TCP/IP version uses UDP port 1422
The IPX version uses SAP address 2064

I hope this post helps someone out there so you don't waste a week of company time trying to get help, to get this software working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report