Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
baselinesurveying
231 Views, 3 Replies

TrueView download

Hello,

I’m having some difficulties in downloading Trueview onto a new computer running Windows 8.1. I’ve turned off my anti-virus program, checked the windows updates and .NET Framework installation and yet the program will not download.

Basically I get all the way through the download to the Autodesk Installation page. I confirm acceptance of the T&Cs and the download begins for a moment before reverting to the “Installation complete. Some products failed to install” page. This contains an installation log file which ends with the text “Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603”

I would be grateful for any assistance anyone can provide.

Cheers

Jon

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: baselinesurveying

baselinesurveying

Open your Temp folder and look for an installation log. Should be clearly named. Open it and search on the word “failed”. If there are any associated with NET or C++, uninstall those modules before you install. They may be causing a block.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 4
baselinesurveying
in reply to: dembkod

Hi dembkod,

I opened up the log file and the failed tag was associated with Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x86). Checked my program files and there were 4 verisions of this program on my computer. I've unstalled all of the them, attempted to download trueview again with no joy. Same error, same failed log file.

I'm running windows 8.1 am I the only one with this problem???

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers

Jon

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: baselinesurveying

You can get that version of c++ from Microsoft's webite: install it, restart your PC and try the AutoCAD installation again.

Avoid installing across the Internet: actually download the +/- 1.5Gig file to your PC first before installation the program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report