Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueView download

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
phillip
69810 Views, 29 Replies

TrueView download

I cannot download DWG TrueView. When I click the download button nothing happens. And nothing happens when I click download the installer. My associate in another state is having the same problem. Is it a windows 7 issue? How can we download the software? 

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
philip.s
in reply to: phillip

Hi Phillip,

I just tested and confirmed that the links are active / valid. It could be a browser or firewall issue that's preventing the downloads from initiating... As a workaround, I've provided the following DWG TrueView 2013 direct download links.

DWG TrueView 2013 32BIT - LINK

DWG TrueView 2013 64BIT - LINK

If this resolves your issue please accept as a solution so that others can utilize the information.

Message 3 of 30
phillip
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks! it worked.

Message 4 of 30
margate

Hey Philip,

Thank you for links, they still work (3-6-2013). The links that Autodesk setup for Trueview 64/32 bit did NOT work for me. I am Not behind a firewall, I tried two different browsers (IE9 and Firefox v.19million+) turned off Anti-virus, etc...no luck until I got your links.

Operating system: Windows 7, 64bit,

AD should just use your direct link instead of whatever they are doing now.

Again, thank you and both 32 and 64 bit downloads worked and their installs also..I did have to do the Full Net4.0

Alfie

Message 5 of 30
adrian.rudd

This solution worked for me too. Thanks.

I could not download the 64 bit software using the Akamai net session interface - it would always stall after 2Mb downloaded.

Message 6 of 30
calydon

Thanks for the links.  Very helpful.

Why does Autodesk hide these direct download links and force us to use their stupid installers that invariably fail to work? 

Directly downloadble software is a good simple solution.

Message 7 of 30
cthyjnsn
in reply to: calydon

could you provide direct links for TrueView14 64 bit?
thanks -
Message 8 of 30
philip.s
in reply to: cthyjnsn

Message 9 of 30
cthyjnsn
in reply to: philip.s

Awesome! Thanks for the truview14 download!

Cathy Jensen

xxxxxxx@att.net

Message 10 of 30
cthyjnsn

(hopefully my contact information is not visable to everyone else...)

Message 11 of 30
joane.bonghanoy

Cathy,

I edited your previous reply. I removed your address, contact number and email address. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 12 of 30
eunice.chagoya

Hello.

Can you please share the link for 2014 32 BIT version, please?

Thank you.

Message 13 of 30
amanda.k
in reply to: eunice.chagoya

Hi Eunice,

The 32 Bit direct download link for DWG Trueview 2014 - 32 Bit is below.

DWG Trueview 2014 - 32 Bit.

Please let me know if I can further assist you.

Amanda Kinley
Community Program Manager
Message 14 of 30
BP3T

Hi, could you post a direct download link for TrueView 2014 32BIT version as well?  My download doesn't start either, and I have a 32 bit OS.  Thanks.

Message 15 of 30
BP3T
in reply to: BP3T

Never mind, didn't read the entire post, thanks!
Message 16 of 30
marstonm

I am having the same download issues with TrueView 2015.

Could you please provide the direct download links.

Thanks

Mike

Message 17 of 30
jessica.t
in reply to: marstonm

Hi Mike,

Here are the direct links:

DWG Trueview 2015 32BIT - LINK
DWG Trueview 2015 64BIT - LINK

If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 18 of 30
marstonm
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Much Thanks Jessica

Message 19 of 30
jessica.t
in reply to: marstonm

You're welcome!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 20 of 30
Steve_Johnson
in reply to: jessica.t

It's possible to get a normal download from the Autodesk site without the direct links provided here, but it's horribly convoluted and should be made easier. I have no idea why Autodesk insists on pushing this Akamai method and making life difficult for its customers, but if you want to download Autodesk stuff without having to install a dysfunctional download manager, here's how it is done using DWG TrueView 2015 64-bit as an example.

1. Navigate to the download page.

2. Select the version you're after (64-bit in this case).

3. Pick Download Now. This presents a popup which starts off with two barefaced lies in the first sentence. Do not be deceived.

To complete this download, you need to install the Akamai NetSession Interface, a download manager used to reduce download time and increase quality. This install should take only a few minutes at most, after which your download can resume.

Please take the following steps:

Download the installer by clicking the link below.
Run the downloaded installer - it will set up the NetSession Interface.
When the install has completed, this popup will close and the download will resume in the browser window.

Click here to begin: download the installer.

If you have questions or want more information about Akamai NetSession Interface, please visit our home page.

If you cannot complete the installation, click here.

4.  You really don't want to install that stuff on your computer, it's very badly behaved and does not like being uninstalled. Instead of doing what it suggests, pick the click here right at the bottom. This presents another popup:

We're sorry the installation failed. Please take a moment to share your feedback regarding this installation process.

Press OK to close this popup and try an alternate download method.
Press Retry to return to the previous screen and try the installation again.

5. Don't bother with the feedback link, which goes to Akamai. Even if it works you'll just be ignored. Just pick OK. This presents you with a page containing the magic words that should have been there right at the start:

Click here to download using your browser.

6. Click on the word here, which is a direct link that will use no download manager, or whatever download manager you have installed. Whatever it is, it will be vastly superior to the Akamai download software.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Steve Johnson - blog nauseam - ClassicArray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report