Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble to install Revit

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
pulico1
681 Views, 6 Replies

Trouble to install Revit

I am having troubles trying to install Revit 2014 onto my computer. Please, help-me!

Paulo Jr.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: pulico1

Hi Paulo,

Have you had Revit installed on this PC before?

Please ensure the following has been done:
1. Computer meets the minimum requirements 
2. UAC off
3. Firewall off
4. Anti-Virus off
5. Administrator rights
6. Clear the temp folder
7. Make sure you have enough disc space 60 Gigs at least
8. Make sure the OS is up to date
9. Reinstall C++ redistributable
10. Reinstall .Net Framework
11. Copy the content of the installation media to the C drive. Preferably on the root of the C drive to negate the problem of filenames becoming too long
12. Make sure short file name creation has been enabled HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem Set NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation to a value of 0
13. Create a new Windows user with full admin rights
14. If the computer is on a domain remove it from the network completely for the duration of installation

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 7
nmysorewala
in reply to: pulico1

I would recommend that you download the full installer instead of the web installer. I have had issues with the web installer not working correctly , a timeout kills the install. Looking at the log this seems the issue. Once you have the full install downloaded then start the installation.

BIMologist
Message 4 of 7
nmysorewala
in reply to: nmysorewala

ok to download full version. posting a solution by Danny Hubbard You might try downloading from a different site. Go to http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS21889745 Scroll down to the Non-Subscription Customers section and pick on the link for Virtual Agent. Then select Download links and Autodesk Revit Products, then the type and version of Revit you are after. Then try installing from the downloaded executable. Thanks, Danny

BIMologist
Message 5 of 7
pulico1

My thanks, nmysorewala, it worked.

Message 6 of 7
pulico1

My thanks, nmysorewala, it worked.
Message 7 of 7
pulico1
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Thanks, Jo.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report