Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble finding a straight answer here

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jhilburn3323
188 Views, 3 Replies

trouble finding a straight answer here

I've looked through the forum and seem to have conflicting answers. Can an Autudesk person please answer these questions for me?

1. Can I install the same 3dsMax license on my desktop and laptop? What are the details. 
2. Do I need to purchase a new license for each render-node? As in a headless, rendering only machine. I need details here.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: jhilburn3323

You can install Max on a desktop and laptop.  You cannot run this 'concurrently'.  This is noted in the EULA.

For the second questions, you will need to post and/or search in the Max forums in "The Area".

http://area.autodesk.com/

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
jhilburn3323
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you for the response. I'll check the link for the other answers.

What is the procedure for installing on both my desktop and laptop? Simply install it on both with same info?

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: jhilburn3323

You are correct jhilburn3323.

The standard install / activation process on each machine will get you up and running. If for what ever reason you have activation issues or errors, please contact our Registration and Activation team for a manually generated activation code.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report