Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Network License for AutoCad 2011

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
actcad2011
469 Views, 8 Replies

Transferring Network License for AutoCad 2011

Hi,

Please help.  I need to transfer our existing network license of AutoCad 2011.  Currently, the license is installed in a machine running Windows Vista.  License needs to be transfer to another machine running Windows 7.  The current machine will also be formatted to have Windows 7.

I tried to search on the step on how to transfer the license but I always pointed to stand alone type. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: actcad2011

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Or you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > (Network)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and the server name, MAC address

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Or if it is indeed stand-alone, which is unclear in your message, you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 1 > (Stand-alone)

You will need to provide your serial number and the request code.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
actcad2011
in reply to: DarrenP

thank you for the info. i was able to chat with autodesk helpdesk and i have a new license file now for the new machine. however, the helpdesk wasn't able to help me on how i can change the client machine path for its license. please help on this.
Message 5 of 9
TravisNave

Really? They should know this. Use the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system
environment variable.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

Message 7 of 9
actcad2011
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for the information. 

I tried to use configure new network server license using the provided license file by autodesk through the lmtools utility.  The service starts successfully but when i verified it using perform status enquiry it reports that the lmgrd is not running. I have checked the license file and it has correct host name and its physical address of the server machine.

Please help.

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave

I have found this is caused most often by IPv6 or Server 2008 R2 (or newer).

You can resolve this typically by verifying IPv6 on a PING of the server hostname from itself. 

If it is a newer Server, like 2008 R2, 2012, Windows 8, etc., then you might consider using an older version of ADSKFLEX.EXE such as v.11.7.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

If you would prefer to run your license manager with the 11.7 adskflex.exe vendor daemon file, I have provided it here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Autodesk-Network-License-Manager-2014/m-p/38199...

Good Luck!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 9
actcad2011

thank you very much. autocad 2011 license is now working on Windows 7 machine. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report