Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
199 Views, 2 Replies

Transferring Liscense

This may be in the wrong forum, but I was unable to find a way to post a question anywhere else. Please direct me to the correct location if this is incorrect.

We are currently looking at upgrading our AutoCAD 2005 to the 2013 Civil 3D. We would like to use our current liscense to generate a discount when we purchase the 2013. We have concern that once we make the upgrade we will no longer be able to manipulate any of our current projects that have not been completed that were started in 2005 version. It is my understanding that the new CAD doesn't use the alignments/surfaces like the older version. Would we be able to use the 2005 as we phase in the new software is that possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Contact a reseller in your region to see if there are any discounts available to you: this website is not about sales or pricing.

As a general rule, if you get a discount based on an old version then you CANNOT continue use of the old version. If you buy full price newer versions then the old licenses are yours to use for as long as you wish.
Message 3 of 3
jessica.t
in reply to: pendean

Hi Mike and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Autodesk allows upgrades from up to six versions passed the current release of our product. Therefore the earliest version that we could upgrade for a customer would a 2008 product.

Please feel free to contact an Autodesk authorized reseller for further information as well as they may be offering some sort of legacy upgrade sale.

If you have any other questions please let us know. And thanks for jumping in, Dean!

Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report