Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
235 Views, 1 Reply

Transferring Licences

Hi,

At work we have a pc we collectively use for CAD with AutoCAD 2009 site licence installed on it.
We have received a 2010 update but have not installed this yet.

My question is whether it would be possible to transfer the the AutoCAD 2009 licence to another computer on-site and then install the 2010 on the collective CAD pc?

Apologies if this makes little sense!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Since your 2010 is updated from your 2009 license, it would be against the EULA to run both products on separate computers. Technically, your license is only for one seat and once upgraded to 2010, your 2009 would be defunct. You are allowed to run previous versions, however you cannot launch more than your purchased licenses. So you can either run 2009 or 2010, but not both.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report