Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring from a Standalone license to Network License

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
261 Views, 4 Replies

Transferring from a Standalone license to Network License

Some background:

We had an ancient computer that used AutoCAD 2013 and had a shared license with our President’s computer (he didn’t use CAD much)

My machine has a Standalone license for the 2014 Building Design Suite Premium(BDSP)

He wanted the 2014 BDSP installed on the new machine we purchased and to have the licensing ping off of my machine instead of his.

First of all, is this even possible with a Standalone license?

Today is the new employee’s 2nd day of using the 2014 BDSP, so I have 28-29 more days left to get this hashed out.

We do not want to purchase a new license if possible because we already have a shared license for the 2013 BDSP. We can go back to that if we need to.

Now for my current issue (if the above can even happen)

I installed the NLM on my machine AND the new machine, but the 2014 license.txt file is still reading as coming from the previous (the President’s) machine even though 2014 was never installed on his machine. Do I need to get a new license?

Additionally, on the new machine…Do I need to install it as a network install even though the license is a Standalone.

I want the new machine to get its license use from my machine. How do I go about doing that?

All of this is because we are a firm of 3 employees and are trying to keep cost down.

Thanks,

Eric

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

network licenses aren't free

you need to pay fee for it

no you can not do that with a standalone license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you for the confirmation.  I thought as much, but I needed proof for the President.

I will install 2013 on the new machine that already has a network license.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Eric

Message 4 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

if the suite was installed as a standalone you have to uninstall/reinstall as a network

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Wait,

With that last post, are you saying that I can still use the 2014 as long as I install as a network?

or

Did you mean I have to install the 2013 Suite as a network? (This would be the same as before for us, just a new computer)

We want the license on my machine.  Does that mean I need to install the 2013 Suite as well?  Or just the 2013 NLM and license.txt file?

I have the 2014 Standalone on my machine currently.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report