Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering the license of a former employee

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stevensjm2
260 Views, 2 Replies

Transfering the license of a former employee

I work at a college and a former employee had AutoCAD LT 2012 installed on his computer. I am trying to use his old serial number/license but I would have to track his old computer (I don't know where it is now that he is no longer employed here). Is there a way to deactivate it from his computer remotely so that I can use the serial number to install the program on to my computer?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rkmcswain
in reply to: stevensjm2

Short answer = no.

You can still use the S/N, and you should be able to get it activated. Autodesk knows that machines are lost, formatted, crash, etc. so you don't just get a single one-time activation. Worst case you might have to talk to adsk licensing people and explain the situation. 

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 3
jessica.t
in reply to: stevensjm2

Thanks for jumping in, rkmcswain!

To verify the serial number so you can activate the license, please contact our Activation and Registration department through our Contact Us page. Select your issue, topic, and then "I still need help" to pull up the associated chat options. They will also let you know if you need to transfer ownership of the license.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report