Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering license to my new computer, after loss of laptop

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
agbeyink
1167 Views, 6 Replies

Transfering license to my new computer, after loss of laptop

hello,

New laptops has been given to 2 of our staffs and autocad needs to be re-installed on each.

How can I re-install the standalone autocad CD for them and transfer the activation from their old systems (please note that the old laptops cannot be found - stolen). As the systems are no longer available, can you help dis-able to enable me re-iinstall on  these new computers???

it's surprising to know you don't an email to connect with directly for this

kindly advise urgently.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
amanda.k
in reply to: agbeyink

Hello Olayinka,

Welcome to the forums!

To install your licenses of AutoCAD onto a new laptop, simply install from the installation CD. If you do not have this CD, then let me know what product you are attempting to download ( AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, etc), the year of product, and if you need 32 or 64 bit and I will check on providing you with a download link.

As you are unable to use the License Transfer Utility as your laptops were stolen, you should be able to activate them on the new computers without issue. However, if you need an Activation Code, please produce a Request Code and then contact Registration and Activation to request a manual activation.

Amanda Kinley
Community Program Manager
Message 3 of 7
agbeyink
in reply to: amanda.k

Thanks for the update. Do I just activate the LTU on the new laptop without reference to the stolen laptop? I tried installing the AutoCAD from the CD (as I have the Serial No and Product keys)but it could not be activated online. Please advise AGBEJIMI Olayinka Network Administrator TOTAL Nigeria PLC|Tel: 01-2621803 Ext 2331 Mob: +234 813 978 5852|Web: www.total.com.ngProfessionalism or Mediocrity......your choice to choose!
Message 4 of 7
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: agbeyink

Hi Olayinka,

For licensing assistance, please contact the Activation and Registration team through our Contact Us page. Please be sure to select a sub-topic at the bottom of the page (the gray buttons) so that the contact options become visible.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 7
gamiet
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

HI

Message 6 of 7
gamiet
in reply to: gamiet

Hi

i activated autocad on my laptop some time towards the end of 2014. my laptop was stolen in february, including the installation cd. is there anyway for me to recover that license. my company bought a few licenses at the time.

i installed autocad on m y pc now, but the trial period has ended, and it has become urgent for me to get it licensed again.

awaiting your response

Message 7 of 7
jessica.t
in reply to: gamiet

Hi @gamiet and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Sorry to hear about your lap top! To recover your licensing information, please contact the Activation and Registration team through our Contact Us page. Please be sure to select a sub-topic at the bottom of the page (the gray buttons) so that the contact options become visible.

You can also visit our Virtual Agent to download your software as a trial to use until you receive your serial number and can activate again. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report