Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer stand alone license to a computer with subscription license?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jmagaha
368 Views, 4 Replies

Transfer stand alone license to a computer with subscription license?

Hello.  A coworker with a stand alone license of AutoCAD2015 will be on maternity leave in the next month.  I would like to utilize her license while she is gone.  I currently have a subscription monthly license.  

Best way to make that happen?  I was thinking cancelling my subscription and transfer her license to my machine.  Is that the smartest solution?  I suppose I could simply use her laptop with AutoCAD, but I really don't want to go between 2 laptops to do my work.

Regards,

Kathryn Costanzo 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: jmagaha

Use the license transfer utility to move the license from the laptop to your computer.  You should be good to go. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
rkmcswain

and in case you need this..... License Transfer Utility

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 5
jmagaha
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis.  I was hoping that would be the case.  I was just unsure due to the different type of licenses involved.  I assume that I would need to cancel my subscription first... 🙂

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

Well, if you are paying monthly, then you might consider it.  It really depends on how long you will transfer the license and if you plan on picking it back up again when you give the license back.  If it is worth the $$$, then do so. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report