Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
596 Views, 6 Replies

Transfer of License...

Hi,

A couple of years ago I worked for a company that went into voluntary insolvency – as they were unable to pay us our final wage they said we could have anything we wanted from the office.

I took 6 AutoCAD 2007 licenses and then realised that you can’t just sell them on and I had no other use for them so forgot all about them.

Having just mentioned this to a friend I was advised that as the company had been ‘liquidized’ I’d be able to sell/pass these on and apply for a transfer of license.

Can anyone tell me if I’m eligible – I’ve had a quick look through the pages related to it and it seems like I can do this but I don’t want to attempt it if the transfer won’t be granted.

Any advice greatly received

Thanks

Joe

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

This one might be an uphill battle for you.  I suppose you can try the TOL.  The worst that they will say is no. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18571898&linkID=9240617

Autodesk 2007 products are long retired though.  Even if you do get them, you might not be able to do much...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi, 

yeah I appriciate that its long obsolete but a £3k + peice of software doesnt just stop working because Autodesk stopped supporting it...

...I'll apply for the transfer on one of them and see how we get on...

Thanks

Joe

Message 4 of 7
dgorsman

You didn't buy the software - you paid for the rights to use it. The software still works (provided you can get it working on any OS that is remotely new), you just might not have the right to run it.  Its a fine distinction, but an important one

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

that's true and I do understand it but it's frustrating that the license covers the life of the software yet you can't pass it on before the life of the software expires if that makes sense...

...I don't expect the transfer of license to happen but I've sent the forms in for consideration, I hope that Autodesk will allow such an old copy to be transferred - it's got to have some value to them to have new users albeit using old software if for nothing else but to get people into the Autodesk ecosystem; and it's not like they've lost my custom, we have fully paid up 2013 versions on our Macs so that's another £20k of custom!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

just an update - the good news is Autodesk have been incredibly helpful and have provided me with 5 new serial numbers and have agreed to transfer them to new owners - the downside is that apparently the AutoCAD 2007 licenses were upgraded at somepoint along teh line to 2008 so the tranfer of detials must go with AutoCAD 2008...

...sadly I don't have 2008 disks and autodesk cannot provide download meadia for historic copies so I'm actually back at square 1 unless any one knows how I can obtain full AutoCAD 2008 to pass on to the new owners.

Thanks

J

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

You might call a reseller in your area. They may have old stock
replacements they can provide you.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report