Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer of installation file possible?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dimgeo
354 Views, 4 Replies

transfer of installation file possible?

Hi,

Im entirely new to this forum so my apologies in advance if I miss something by posting this question.

I bought a desktop subscription, but the (old) computer I downloaded the autocad software to is giving me problems. If I want to install the software on another (new) computer, what is my best option:

(I only installed the Autocad software, I did not yet run it)

1. Moving the installation file from the old to the new computer and run it and forget about the old computer. 

2. Do a fresh install on the new computer and forget about the old computer (remove installation etc)

3. Something else, because by downloading the software on the old computer has registered it for the license so the software cannot be installed somewhere else.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Dimitri Georganas

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: dimgeo

Message 3 of 5
dimgeo
in reply to: pendean

Thank you. So it is required that the full 40gb are being downloaded again for each installation? I hoped I could reuse the C:/Autodesk directory where the setup files reside.

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman

The c:\Autodesk\... directory is where the installer unpacked in order to install.  There should be an EXE which is the "packed" installer, which you can copy around as needed.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

I agree with Dean.  But if you have the extracted files downloaded already, you can use it for the new install.  No need to redownload them.  In fact, you can burn them to DVD or put on USB drive if you wish.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report