Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer Network License from one pc to another

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
man.aquilina
524 Views, 3 Replies

transfer Network License from one pc to another

I have a client which has an AutoCad 2011 Network License. He requested to move the netowrk licinse from one pc which is installed with windowsXP to  another which is installed with windows 7. can you please guide how this can be done? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: man.aquilina

Network licenses do not need to be transferred.  Simply install on the new PC and point to the existing license manager.  It will work as expected. 

You will need to make sure that you ensure that the installation is with a network configuration as the default install is stand-alone.  If it is asking for activation, then you need to reinstall as a network version, pointing to the servername with the license manager on it during installation.  It will verify.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
man.aquilina

but i need to create a new .lic file for the new pc? and how can i redirect the clients to obtain the license for the new pc? Thanks !

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Oh, I see now.  He hosts the NLM for other users on the LAN as well?  In that case, you simply need to set up the LMTOOLS on the new workstation and obtain a new .LIC file from Autodesk Activations. 

Please call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > (Network)

You will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new license server.

You should download the lastest server tools here:

www.autodesk.com/nlm-ipv6-windows

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report