sue
sue
Message 1 of 4 (131 Views)
Accepted Solution

tranferring license to other people

131 Views, 3 Replies
07-16-2013 09:52 AM

Hi,

I have purchased AutoCAD LT but also recently purchased Building Design Suite.  I would like to transfer my LT license to one of my clients as they are using some old software.  I have seen discussions about tranferring from one computer to another but not to different people/clients.  Is this legal to do?

Dean is right.  The EULA specifically prohibits this, so your client would not even be able to license it without an approved TOL.  Lots of headaches... 

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (124 Views)

Re: tranferring license to other people

07-16-2013 11:01 AM in reply to: sue
There is no easy option to do that: contact an Autodesk Reseller in your region and expect to pay them to help you navigate the Autodesk licensing jungle to see if it is even possible.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 3 of 4 (117 Views)

07-16-2013 11:28 AM in reply to: sue

Dean is right.  The EULA specifically prohibits this, so your client would not even be able to license it without an approved TOL.  Lots of headaches... 

sue
sue
Message 4 of 4 (108 Views)

07-16-2013 12:16 PM in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean and Travis,

I thought there would be issues with this.  Too bad because I don't even use the LT anymore.  Did contact my sales guy and he never responded so I suspected that the answer was what you guys stated.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.