sue
sue
Message 1 of 4 (125 Views)
Accepted Solution

tranferring license to other people

125 Views, 3 Replies
07-16-2013 09:52 AM

Hi,

I have purchased AutoCAD LT but also recently purchased Building Design Suite.  I would like to transfer my LT license to one of my clients as they are using some old software.  I have seen discussions about tranferring from one computer to another but not to different people/clients.  Is this legal to do?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (118 Views)

Re: tranferring license to other people

07-16-2013 11:01 AM in reply to: sue
There is no easy option to do that: contact an Autodesk Reseller in your region and expect to pay them to help you navigate the Autodesk licensing jungle to see if it is even possible.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 3 of 4 (111 Views)

07-16-2013 11:28 AM in reply to: sue

Dean is right.  The EULA specifically prohibits this, so your client would not even be able to license it without an approved TOL.  Lots of headaches... 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
sue
sue
Message 4 of 4 (102 Views)

07-16-2013 12:16 PM in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean and Travis,

I thought there would be issues with this.  Too bad because I don't even use the LT anymore.  Did contact my sales guy and he never responded so I suspected that the answer was what you guys stated.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.