Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tranfering license from old computer to new, permanent not neccessarily PLU

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
FOS7
195 Views, 4 Replies

tranfering license from old computer to new, permanent not neccessarily PLU

My company recently updated my laptop and are willing to update the version of CAD I use also. However the problem is I'm not to sure how to do the transfer. The old laptop runs on windows XP (intel core duo CPU L2400 @1.66GHz, 980MHz and only 504 MB of RAM) and I have the 2008LT version of CAD, as far as I understand I need to install CAD on the new laptop before I can transfer the license yet windows 7 only supports autodesk 2010 or higher (or so I've read in the forum) and I can't upgrade to a newer version on the old laptop before the transfer because it can not support the upgrade, and so I cannot align the two computers with the same CAD version for the transfer. PLU(or LTU) is not the ideal solution as I will not require the license on the old laptop at all so I'm looking for a way to permanently transfer the licence and upgrade to a newer version of CAD. I am quite happy to pay for the upgrade, I just do not want to have to pay for a new licence aswell! Any advice or assistance greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
asburyj
in reply to: FOS7

If the license for LT 2008 has been upgraded you can't transfer it anymore, you would just want to install the newer version on your new system with the new Serial number.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 5
FOS7
in reply to: asburyj

Just to clarify, (If the license for LT 2008 has been upgraded you transfer it anymore(?)), do I need to purchase the upgrade on the old computer (where the license file is currently saved) and receive a new serial number and then install(download) that new version on the new computer and simply type in the same license name and number when installing it. Is there any need for licence file transfer?

Apologies, I am not familiar with the installation process for CAD as it was already installed on the old computer.

Message 4 of 5
asburyj
in reply to: FOS7

if you upgrade your 2008 license you do not need to tranfer it off the system. You will receive a new serial number and product key and you will just install on the new system with that

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 5
FOS7
in reply to: asburyj

Thanks Jeffry, much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report