Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trail Version AutoCAD 2013 Will Not Initiate

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
bitemeborb
2104 Views, 10 Replies

Trail Version AutoCAD 2013 Will Not Initiate

I have installed - removed - reinstalled AutoCAD 2013 several times. It loads completely. Once I try to launch AutoCAD 2013 it loads up but freezes every time when it gets to Checking License. This is a trial version for 30 days before I buy. I have turned off firewalls and did everything I could thing of. It simply will not get past locking during initialization once it hits checking for license. I don't have a license yet since it is a trial version download directly from AutodesAuto desk .

What is going wrong? I am using Win7 Home Premium. It has plenty of speed and space.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
bitemeborb
in reply to: bitemeborb

Well this was totally useless. I can't use Auto cad 2013 because I cannot find out who has an answer to this simple question.

Message 3 of 11
TravisNave

Check your registry to make sure your region is set correctly.  There is very similar information in a link here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Autodesk-Simulation-CFD-Licence-problems/m-p/34...

Just check your AutoCAD 2013 registry for the same.

For additional information, please consider using Search to assist in your resolution:

Search Autodesk.com

Search Autodesk Discussion Groups

Search Up and Ready Blog

Search Autodesk WikiHelp

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 11
bitemeborb
in reply to: TravisNave

I verified my registry and it is set for en-us. I still has the same exact problem. When you first start AutoCad 2013 and it starts to initialize and locks up and in the the bottom left corner it locks at "Checking license..."

There is nothing on any blog or any help what so ever from AutoDesk support if can even contact them. Just keep getting refrred to Knowledge Base or Blogs for answers. AutoCad is a tremendous program. It just does not work and has little to no human support for their product.

Message 5 of 11
bitemeborb
in reply to: TravisNave

I checked the Registry and it is set correctly at "en-us". My graphics driver is up to date. Why won't this get past the splash screen?
Message 6 of 11
bitemeborb

My conclusion: AutoCAD 2013 does not work on my W7 64-bit machine. The Autodesk Knowledge base does not address this issue. The Autodesk blog section failed to address the issue. Autodesk support falied to fix the problem by referring me back to the Knowledge base.

I have run out of ideas how to fix it and frustrated with the lack of support concern from Autodesk.

My Recommendation: I wish there was a more viable solution to using Auto desk AutoCAD 2013.

Message 7 of 11
philip.s

Hi bitemeborb,

I apologize for the inconvenience and definitely don't want you to think that we don't care or that our support is nonexistent. 

Can you try the suggestions mentioned here and let us know if they resolve the issue?

Message 8 of 11
bitemeborb
in reply to: philip.s

Yes i tried these solutions that i could. Even tried a new user account but that did the same thing. The "Checking license"  would freeze each and everytime at the splash screen.

Are there any other possible solutions to this bug?

Message 9 of 11
bitemeborb

No solution in sight for AutoCAD 2013 locking up during initial splash screen at "checking license". Tried mutiple suggested fixes and all with the exact same outcome. License check during the initial splash screen freezes 100% of the time. Stick with older version of AutoCAD, it worked with far less frustration.

Message 10 of 11
philip.s

bitemeborb,

Did you reinstall Windows 7 as my Product Support colleague had suggested? As he believes the blame is the OS and other 3rd party software. Or look at the following potential solutions?

http://autode.sk/OoomPG

http://autode.sk/Oootut

http://autode.sk/OooBu0

http://autode.sk/OooJdd

Message 11 of 11
bitemeborb
in reply to: philip.s

Sorry I had not read anything about re-installing the Operating System. At this point every program appears to be running smoothly and always has. I rather not re-install the Operating System. For one rather embarrassing reason I probably don't even know how to re-install it since no manufacturer ever issues discs any longer. I am exhausted with this AutoCAD licensing issue and after reading many other blogs I am not in the same boat.

I appreciate the efforts you made to try to get the software to work. In the end it just did not like my year old Windows 7 Dell computer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report