Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking individual features of a suite

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jprizzo
271 Views, 4 Replies

Tracking individual features of a suite

Hello,

After almost 15 years using AutoCAD with FlexLM, we are just dipping our toes into Suites.  On the surface, these suites seem like a great deal, but digging a little deeper and they don't really seem to offer much to a shop that already has network licensing in place.  When we need more AutoCAD licenses, we buy more AutoCAD licenses.  When we need more 3ds Max licenses, we buy more of them.  Now that suites are entering the picture, it is totally obscusing our usage data.  It seems to me that these Suites are going to force us to overbuy software because all we will know is that we are out of "suite" licenses without being able to identify which product we actually need. 

Can someone please tell me, when a suite license is being used on the server, how can I determine which pieces of software are actually pulling that license?  

Jon

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: jprizzo

Under the status enquiry of the Suite license that says how many in use, it should then break down the usage by product release further down the list.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
jprizzo
in reply to: TravisNave

It breaks down by “version” (ie: 2013, 2014, etc) but I don’t see a breakdown by product (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, etc.)  Am I missing something?

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

Hmmm.... You might be right about that.  Can you post an example of your status enquiry? 

It's possible that it might also be listed in your debug log file too.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
DarrenP

@Anonymous_ wrote:

It breaks down by “version” (ie: 2013, 2014, etc) but I don’t see a breakdown by product (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, etc.)  Am I missing something?

no you are not

it is the way autodesk structures their license file for the suites

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report