Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 5 issues (forums) in March 2014

31 REPLIES 31
Message 1 of 32
david.lau
4741 Views, 31 Replies

Top 5 issues (forums) in March 2014

Recently, I was given some data on the Top 5 forum post activities in the Install & Licensing Discussions group and we were trying to figure out a way to solve them.  So drum roll please, I am hoping to post the Top 5 forum issues each month.   I will try to highlight knowledge base articles, workflows, tips, & tricks as necessary.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/03/top-5-forum-posts-in-march-2014.html

David Lau
31 REPLIES 31
Message 21 of 32
yantub
in reply to: david.lau

Maya The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

Hello i have purchase Maya 2012 , since that i have used it, then i needed to reinstall Maya, now i can't install Maya because it can`t recognise my serial number that i have purchased.

It give that error "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)"

Im on macbook os x

please help me

Message 22 of 32
c_batchelar

so trying to install inventer on a student liscence, im unable to install from directly as the network fails at about 90% every time, and the extremly slow browser down load (6hours) runs fine untill after the intilall installing of components when you go to install the main programes it trys for about 2 seconds then turns up with a failed to install on all the components....???? anything that i can do or should i just go pay for solid works?

Message 23 of 32
jessica.t
in reply to: yantub

Hi @yantub,

Please contact the Activation and Registration department directly for licensing assistance:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 24 of 32
jessica.t
in reply to: c_batchelar

Hi @c_batchelar,

Sorry for the install trouble, will you try this Autodesk Solution and let me know if it helps resolves the issue? Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

hi /smile

I hate to be a bore but im having that issue with the whole invalid serial number (1) thing.

I have a single seat license but my old computer imploded a few months ago and i have been slowly repopulating my new computer with the programs i use. This might be of interest, i was up untill recently a subscription customer but have had to stop that service for the time being but i have been assured that no longer being on subscription shouldnt impact my ability to install and run the software i acquired whilst subbing. Who's the unlucky person who gets to deal with my boring probably minor issue?  /smile

I'm currently trying to install my 3ds max 2013 copy as it was the last one i recieved in physical form and didnt really want to do a big download for 2014 (which was the last version i had access too under my sub plan)

Message 26 of 32
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

For direct activation and licensing assistance, please contact our License Assistance team by clicking on this link and then following the prompts:

Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

You will be able to contact the License Assistance Team either via Chat or e-mail.

Thank you

Camilo Lemos

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi camilo.lemos

thanks for that i wasnt sure what i needed to do specifically, will get in touch with the License Assist team. Am currently building a prototype starship in the 30-day trial mode, it feels odd lol

Message 28 of 32
jessica.t

No worries, @Anonymous! Let us know if we can be of further assistance! Smiley Happy 

Jessica Thrasher
Message 29 of 32
Anonymous

thanks Jessica, all is sorted now, got my activation fixed and all good to go, can get focused on my new fleet carrier!

Message 30 of 32
jessica.t

Great news! Good luck on the project! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 31 of 32
bhuxham1

I purchased Revit LT from subscription centre in Australia, but the download file for 2015 version does not work and the serial number for 2014 does not work as I am not in the US!!!!

Now I cannot use the files created in 2015 as the unlicensed 2014 cannot read them.

Message 32 of 32
Anonymous

I realise that this question may be out of place here however I am really stuck.

I am having trouble making a new question on these forums. I can reply to questions that people have allready made but can not see where to make one my self. Could you please help me? For some reason theredoes not seem to be a button for this when I vist it the page.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report