Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 5 issues (forums) in March 2014

31 REPLIES 31
Message 1 of 32
david.lau
4720 Views, 31 Replies

Top 5 issues (forums) in March 2014

Recently, I was given some data on the Top 5 forum post activities in the Install & Licensing Discussions group and we were trying to figure out a way to solve them.  So drum roll please, I am hoping to post the Top 5 forum issues each month.   I will try to highlight knowledge base articles, workflows, tips, & tricks as necessary.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/03/top-5-forum-posts-in-march-2014.html

David Lau
31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32
in reply to: david.lau

i have a problem with license transfer utility
Message 3 of 32
jessica.t
in reply to: 90029551559

Hello @90029551559 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

If you could please provide the details of your issue it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 4 of 32
paul.andrews
in reply to: jessica.t

i get a error evvery twhen i try to install autocad it brings up the autodesk autocad 2015 set-up initialization screen and then it a box that says set-up  initialization failed error downloading. please install again from the autodesk web site. i get this no mater what i try.

Message 5 of 32
jessica.t
in reply to: paul.andrews

Hello @Paul,

Would you mind taking the following troubleshooting steps and let me know if it helps resolve the issue?

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download your software from the Virtual Agent

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 32
michael

Hi,

Good morning.

I was able to download the Autodesk 2015 design standard upgrade from the subscription center but there is a "file corrupted" prompt whenever I try to install it. I download it several times already but still the same error message. Please advise.

Thank you for your time,

Michael

Message 7 of 32
pendean

Michael, do what the post above yours is recommending.
Message 8 of 32
athomas160

Recently I downloaded a student version of Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015. It consists of two *.sfx.exe installer files, when I clicked on it gave me an option to select the location and it started extracting with no issue until it reached 7.31 GB of the 9.10 GB mark of the extraction process and it hangs there. What should I do. This is my second download and install attempt what should I do?

My specs

Windows 8 and Windows 7 both 64 Bit, tried on both OS.

400GB+ of hardrive space

8gb ram 

Nvidia gtx 780Ti graphic card

Intel Core i7 2600K processor

Thanks!

Message 9 of 32
jessica.t
in reply to: athomas160

Hi @athomas160 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Have you tried changing your download method? That often resolves download issues. Please let us know if the problem persists. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 32
jyakimec

Hello,

I'm having an issue starting AutoCAD for the first time. I installed the software, and when I start it up, it says "Welcome to your trial."

I put in my user info, and when I click the 'Sign In' button, red text appears above the entry fields 'error [object Error]'.

I'm wondering how to fix this. I have the serial number and product key, but I didn't find them until after I had passed that step in the installation. I imagine reinstalling would work, but if there's a quick fix I'd like to hear it.

Thanks,

Jason

Message 11 of 32
jyakimec
in reply to: jyakimec

Hello again,

It seems a simple restart (or the automatic update that resulted) solved the problem. It brought me to the authentication screen, and I submitted my info, and now it's all good.
Message 12 of 32
Delabar

I have tried everything I know to install my 2015LT upgrade.  Nothing seems to work.  I get this message... "1:5 2: adlmPITSetProductInformation failed. 3:2"  Why won't my computer load this software?

Message 13 of 32
disuzujkt
Message 14 of 32
jessica.t
in reply to: Delabar

Hi @Delabar and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Could you please attach a copy of your installation log file so we can gain a better understanding of the error? Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 15 of 32
junaidmalana

Hi
Message 16 of 32
bmcquaid
in reply to: jyakimec

I have been having the same issues on home and work computers and no one has been able to help in over 2 weeks now. I posted a sceenshot as well. Here's a link to that topic: Trial-version-error-object-Error

Message 17 of 32
david.lau
in reply to: bmcquaid

Can you uninstall LT and reinstall it from the download via the Virtual Agent (#3):

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/01/quick-start-downloads.html

David Lau
Message 18 of 32
healfling

I've problem with the activation of 3ds max (windows 7).
installation is perfect, but when i try to activate 3ds Max, it asks me for open a page on internet, i say okay, but when it's open I always find it empty and so I can't activate anything.
Message 19 of 32
healfling

I've installed and downloaded autodesk using every way and options, but avery time i try to activate autodesk it asks me to open, save or cancel a file and if I open it or save it the problem remain: the web page where I have to activate autodesk is always a big, white, empty space:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/01/%20https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/b...

Message 20 of 32
jessica.t
in reply to: healfling

Hi @healfling and welcome to the community!

Will you try this Autodesk Solution on how to resolve the blank activation screen issue? Be sure to let me know how it goes and if this resolves the problem. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report