Installation & Licensing

Active Contributor
ArynBergman
Message 1 of 7 (13,085 Views)
Accepted Solution

Tool for permenantly removing Autodesk Sync

13085 Views, 6 Replies
02-19-2013 11:32 AM

Hi, does anybody know of a tool that can permenantly remove the Autodesk Sync?  It was driving me nuts by notifying me ever 5 min that I'm no longer connected to the cloud when not connected to the internet or watching Netflix.  I was able to stop it from running by deleting it out of the Program Files folder and editing my registry, but I can't uninstall from Program and Files without uninstalling all of the other Autodesk products first which I actually need.

Just for others that ran into the same problem.

I installed AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 for test purpose.

After some test I uninstalled everything, but I also can't remove Autodesk Sync. I always get the same message, that there is another Autodesk Product installed, that depends on it.

But I removed every product from Autodesk.

So I checked ...

If you try to uninstall Autodesk Sync they check under HKLM\Software\Autodesk\Autodesk Sync

the entry "Installed Products" and if that is not empty you can't uninstall. Empty the key and you can uninstall.

In my case the value for AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 was not removed, but I definitely removed it.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 7 (13,053 Views)

Re: Tool for permenantly removing Autodesk Sync

02-20-2013 04:50 AM in reply to: ArynBergman

not an option.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Product Support
inchul.lee
Message 3 of 7 (13,010 Views)

02-24-2013 06:54 PM in reply to: ArynBergman

Hi aryn,

To uninstall the Autodesk Sync component, you must first uninstall all the Autodesk products that rely on the component and then uninstall Autodesk Sync. (Re-installing products will also re-install the component.) So if you want to still have the newer Autodesk products installed, but don't want to have them using the Autodesk Sync functionality, you will need to prevent the Autodesk Applications from using this component in an alternative way.

Please refer to the following technical solution that describes this in detail:

Uninstalling Autodesk Sync

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18966285&linkID=9240697

Inchul Lee
Valued Contributor
m.latz
Message 4 of 7 (12,518 Views)

04-08-2013 04:59 AM in reply to: ArynBergman

Just for others that ran into the same problem.

I installed AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 for test purpose.

After some test I uninstalled everything, but I also can't remove Autodesk Sync. I always get the same message, that there is another Autodesk Product installed, that depends on it.

But I removed every product from Autodesk.

So I checked ...

If you try to uninstall Autodesk Sync they check under HKLM\Software\Autodesk\Autodesk Sync

the entry "Installed Products" and if that is not empty you can't uninstall. Empty the key and you can uninstall.

In my case the value for AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 was not removed, but I definitely removed it.

Distinguished Contributor
Vitornis
Message 5 of 7 (12,393 Views)

04-14-2013 05:18 PM in reply to: m.latz

Hey thanks for the real solution.

bbarkman.jedson
Message 6 of 7 (10,568 Views)

06-24-2013 10:52 AM in reply to: m.latz

Great solution.  To add info in case it's needed; for me, emptying the Installed Products key was not enough.  I had to delete it before Sync would uninstall.  Kudos anyway.

Distinguished Contributor
noontz
Message 7 of 7 (10,196 Views)

07-05-2013 10:34 AM in reply to: m.latz

THANKS!  In my case I actually had to delete the complete autodesk folder in the registry.. ( Probably didn´t need to go that far, but I had allready used enough time on this defect uninstaller )

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.