Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool for permenantly removing Autodesk Sync

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
ArynBergman
40117 Views, 9 Replies

Tool for permenantly removing Autodesk Sync

Hi, does anybody know of a tool that can permenantly remove the Autodesk Sync?  It was driving me nuts by notifying me ever 5 min that I'm no longer connected to the cloud when not connected to the internet or watching Netflix.  I was able to stop it from running by deleting it out of the Program Files folder and editing my registry, but I can't uninstall from Program and Files without uninstalling all of the other Autodesk products first which I actually need.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: ArynBergman

not an option.

Message 3 of 10
inchul.lee

Hi aryn,

To uninstall the Autodesk Sync component, you must first uninstall all the Autodesk products that rely on the component and then uninstall Autodesk Sync. (Re-installing products will also re-install the component.) So if you want to still have the newer Autodesk products installed, but don't want to have them using the Autodesk Sync functionality, you will need to prevent the Autodesk Applications from using this component in an alternative way.

Please refer to the following technical solution that describes this in detail:

Uninstalling Autodesk Sync

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18966285&linkID=9240697

Inchul Lee
Message 4 of 10
m_latz

Just for others that ran into the same problem.

I installed AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 for test purpose.

After some test I uninstalled everything, but I also can't remove Autodesk Sync. I always get the same message, that there is another Autodesk Product installed, that depends on it.

But I removed every product from Autodesk.

So I checked ...

If you try to uninstall Autodesk Sync they check under HKLM\Software\Autodesk\Autodesk Sync

the entry "Installed Products" and if that is not empty you can't uninstall. Empty the key and you can uninstall.

In my case the value for AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 was not removed, but I definitely removed it.

Message 5 of 10
Vitornis
in reply to: m_latz

Hey thanks for the real solution.

Message 6 of 10
bbarkman.jedson

Great solution.  To add info in case it's needed; for me, emptying the Installed Products key was not enough.  I had to delete it before Sync would uninstall.  Kudos anyway.

Message 7 of 10
noontz

THANKS!  In my case I actually had to delete the complete autodesk folder in the registry.. ( Probably didn´t need to go that far, but I had allready used enough time on this defect uninstaller )

Message 8 of 10
sabrinahaque77254

I uninstalled all the autodesk products from my computer but still I could not uninstall the Autodesk Sync. If I go to control panel to uninstall Autodesk Sync,then it shows that

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package.A program required for this install to complete could not be run.Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Please help me to uninstall the Autodesk Sync as soon as possible.

Message 9 of 10

@sabrinahaque77254 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

At this point use Microsoft Fixit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-instal... and follow the uninstall steps.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 10
oyedelesulaiman
in reply to: noontz

Lol...

I did same thing also

Am f**** tired of it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report