Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To any network deployment experts: Need help with deployment creation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
221 Views, 4 Replies

To any network deployment experts: Need help with deployment creation

Can network deployment packages be created on a local machine, copied to a network storage location, and installed from by local
network users?

If yes, are there any files that contain a UNC path / filename reference that will need to be changed to the UNC path of the final network storage location?

It would be much easier to create network deployments locally, and let them copy to the network overnight, unattended.

Also, I have a problem with installations from deployment failing on the Microsoft C++ Redistributable Package. Look for this in a separate post.

Dave
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MMorrison
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, according to Adesk, you aren't supposed to and it's not supported...

However, look at the ini and lnk files.

Martin
Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

Yeah, I do this all the time. Just move the deployment, and recreate the share. Then modify the deployment to point to the new UNC path and step thru the rest unchanged. Should work just fine.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the input! I will give it a try. By recreate the share, do you mean to create a shared directory on the network by the same name as the directory I created to build the deployment locally?

Dave
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. Helps to have help!

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report