Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout on Network License

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Rainman1
368 Views, 2 Replies

Timeout on Network License

I followed the instructions in the attached link, http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=3017271&linkID=9240617 but the timeout option still does not work. We are running AutoCAD 2006. Any ideas? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Rainman1

Here's what you need to do:

Open Notepad. Create a file with the following case-sensitive:

TIMEOUTALL 900

Save the file as adskflex.opt. The filename must be named this to work. Also make sure you pull down the filetype option from '.txt' to 'all files.' This will make sure the file doesn't have a hidden .txt at the end of the filename. You can change the 900 to any other amount of seconds that you want, but 900 is the lowest setting (15 minutes) for idle.

The file must be saved in the location that your .LIC license file is located.

Reread the license file from LMTOOLS. Your options file should now be activated. You can verify this in your debug log file or in the status enquiry.

Once a client reaches the timeout, the license will be returned and marked (INACTIVE) in the log.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Rainman1

Assuming the adskflex.opt file was made
correctly...did you go into LMTools and Reread License File after its
creation?

--
Sam Hochberg
Inventor Certified Expert
Not too bad at
AutoCAD either

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
followed the instructions in the attached link,
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=3017271&linkID=9240617
but the timeout option still does not work. We are running AutoCAD 2006. Any
ideas? Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report