Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!! I NEED HELP!! Maya 2014 STUDENT ACTIVATION WITH MAVERICKS

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
shaq32rhino
5609 Views, 13 Replies

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!! I NEED HELP!! Maya 2014 STUDENT ACTIVATION WITH MAVERICKS

OK, I have tried emailing Autodesk and I got such a basic scripted responce... Basically, no help.

Here is my issue. I am a Student at Full Sail and we were told to download Autodesk Maya 2014 Student version.
I followed all the steps of download, obtaining a serial number, and so on.

Installed Maya, and when it first loads up it asks if I want to "TRY" or "ACTIVATE"

When I click "ACTIVATE" I get a box that pops up with this Error.

A license error has occurred . Conact technical support representative for assistance.
To helpo determine the nature of the problem, the error code is: 110

I then click OK and the next box that pops up says this:

License was not obtained

Tried Maya 2014 (657F1 2014.0.0.F), error 20

License method:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choice:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited'

License file override:

environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

So, I have been having to use Maya as a trial through this whole class while trying to wait on Autodesk to get back to me. There really should be a phone number to call someone and help you directly. I am down to 11 days left on my trial and need some assitance.

My ONLY thought of why this might be happening is I have OSX 10.9 Mavericks installed on my Macbook Pro. BUT, I have another guy in class who does too and he had no problem installing and activating. So I am stumped, I have re-Installed about 7 times, each time trying different methods or deletions.

I NEED HELP FIXING THIS FOR SCHOOL!!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
camilo.lemos
in reply to: shaq32rhino

Hi shaq32rhino and welcome to the forums.

Could you please send me your serial number and request code via Private Message? I'll try to manually help you with this activation.

One additional note: there is currently no Autodesk software supported on Mavericks (correct me if I'm wrong but, as far as I'm aware, Mavericks hasn't even been officially released by Apple yet - only a Golden Master version has been seeded). Software not being supported on a certain OS does not necessarily mean it won't work - but it does mean that, at its current version, our software have not been adapted to run in that OS and, in case of issues, there will be no official solutions provided by Autodesk until a compatible version is released.

What I mean by the above is that it's possible that the program may run flawlessly on your friend's machine and fail to even install on yours and, at the moment, we wouldn't be able to provide you with a guaranteed resolution.

If you need Maya for important schoolwork, I would strongly suggest running it on a supported OS as this will greatly reduce the risk of crashes, bugs and lost work:)

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 14

hello!

i had the exact same problem, after doing some research on the autodesk forums someone sugested i should update to maya 2014 sp3.

now i get this error:

A license error hads ocured , please contact ....

error code 157.424.0

please help!

I NEED MAYA FOR MY UNIVERSITY WORK.

Cheers!

Message 4 of 14

Hi,

Thank you for visiting the forums.

1.  Delete Maya 2014:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/02/reset-standalone-licensing-on-the-mac.html

2. Download and install Maya 2014 SP3.

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL22443097

What made this issue interesting was that we tried using Maya 2014 & Maya 2014 SP2 for Mac and it had the same error.  This only was resolved by installing Maya 2014 SP3!

For more details

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/10/maya-2014-on-mac-109-mavericks-error-110-when-act...

Frederic

Frédéric Bernabo
Message 5 of 14
Nikrodny
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hello, I know it's been a while since you wrote this message but I kinda in the same situation the guy above was. I tried a multiple times to unisntall and install Maya over and over again with different methods. And in the last try, when I downloaded it again. It didn't even let me run it anymore and it said to Activate but an error appeared. And NOW  I can't even work on my project. Please HELP. Please respond As soon As You see this PLEASE.

Thank you 

Sincerely,

Nick 

Message 6 of 14
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Nikrodny

Hi Nikrodny, 

Have you tried uninstalling Maya and installing Service Pack 3 as mentioned on the post above yours?

Please, do try that and let us know if it works for you. 

Camilo Lemos

Message 7 of 14
Nikrodny

I actually thought of that this morning, and I did try it hoping it would work and it actually did. I'm sorry for wasting our time. Thank you for responding. 

I really appreciate it.

Sincerely, 

Nick

Message 8 of 14
PrzemekR

Hello,
I can't activate maya 2014 for students. I have serial number and key, but I could't find request code. What should I do?
Message 9 of 14
camilo.lemos
in reply to: PrzemekR

Hi PrzemekR, welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, follow these instructions to find your request code.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 10 of 14
JordanBerger

I have the same issue please help me

Message 11 of 14
JordanBerger

I need help to I have the same problem what should I do
Message 12 of 14
camilo.lemos
in reply to: JordanBerger

Hi Jordan, welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, follow the steps mentioned on this link to eliminate error 110 when activating Maya on Mavericks.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 13 of 14
c_abarico

Hey there! I've also been having the same issue in my Mac. In my case after the initially installing Maya 2014 version from the student, I tried to install the SP3 downloads, without exactly reseting the stand alone key? I initially uninstalled the Maya 2014 to replace it with the SP3. When I did install SP3 it was able to recognize the Product serial number, Product Key, and such. Like it did an auto fill up form. So I continued installing, but the thing is, it says my product serial is invalid?

Do I have to repeat the whole process as referred to in the link? And do I really need to remove all my Autodesk Products for the Reset? I have a painfully slow internet connection so having to download and reinstall the other Autodesk products that work fine would be a pain. And probably risk installation errors in this Mavericks. -_-'

Message 14 of 14
s5420

Hi!

I have the same problem with Maya 2014 student version. I replaced Maya with SP3 and also I download latest drivers for my graphic card. Nothing works for me. I keep getting message "Maya 2014 stop running...".

Any other ideas????

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report