Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product cannot be registered in The United Arab Emirates

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tharindu.dxb
569 Views, 5 Replies

This product cannot be registered in The United Arab Emirates

Hi, I'm currently studying Civil Engineering and wish to start using your Autocad 2012 Student Version. I'm receiving the message "This product cannot be registered in The United Arab Emirates" when I try registering the product using the product key and serial that I have been provided by you.

Awaiting your swift reply,
Tharindu 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: tharindu.dxb

Hi Tharindu,

This issue is typically associated with your Education Community registration. Please "Private Message" your User ID, password, full name, email address, and serial number to me by clicking on my philip.s profile name -> then "Send this user a private message", so that I can troubleshoot accordingly.

Message 3 of 6
philip.s

Thank you for the information Tharindu,

As your original place of residence falls within a different country than that of the one that you attend school / set up your profile and requested your license, the error that you are receiving is valid. Please note that Autodesk software can only be used in the country that it is issued in. In order for you to have access in the United Arab Emirates, you will need to either run the product in trial mode (will only work for 30 days), and or register a new account within the Education Community that ties to the United Arab Emirates.

Hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any additional questions or inquiries.

Message 4 of 6
tharindu.dxb
in reply to: philip.s

Would I however be given a Student License if I were to make a new account with my Location as United Arab Emirates but with no University? 

Message 5 of 6
philip.s

Yes, if you were to create a new account (different e-mail address), there is an option as a student to select "Home School" in the School / University field.

As you mentioned that you'll be returning to Swinburne University Of Technology on January 3rd, would it be possible for you to run the software in it's 30 day trial mode until you're back?

Message 6 of 6
tharindu.dxb
in reply to: philip.s

Yes that is what I'm currently doing. It would just ease my mind once its all licensed and I don't have to worry about it again. I will make another account then. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Tharindu 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report