Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin client - Mulitseat software installation

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
prem.savio
2317 Views, 7 Replies

Thin client - Mulitseat software installation

Is it possible to install multiple copies of the same software on a single server which serves as the processing unit for many thin clients?

To be precise, here's the description of the case.

1. There are 5 thin clients connected to a single server.

2. There are 5 AutoCAD LT licenses.

Now, can we install all the 5 seats of AutoCAD LT on a single server so that 5 people can access it on 5 thin clients simultaneously?

If yes, someone please tell us the procedure to install it.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: prem.savio

This is only supported using Citrix with network licenses.  Otherwise it is a violation of the license agreement.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=13959101

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

and autocad lt is not available as a network license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

@DarrenP wrote:

and autocad lt is not available as a network license

Except only in the Inventor LT Suite.  Though, I have found there is no way to convert AutoCAD LT to network even if you do have Inventor LT licenses available.  That means the AutoCAD LT in Inventor LT Suite must be slightly different on installation.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
bpark
in reply to: TravisNave

Can i just confirm, is this deffinitely the case? In the scenario above there are only ever going to be, 5 machines / 5 licenses and 5 users. So there is no real "floating" aspect to any of it so would it really require a network license?
Message 6 of 8
ampster401
in reply to: bpark

@bpark wrote:
Can i just confirm, is this deffinitely the case?

Yes, it is against the EULA to run AutoCAD thru a thin client setup.

Message 7 of 8
suranajack
in reply to: prem.savio

A thin client today is a compact piece of computing technology that accesses data remotely through a connection to a server and brings a virtual desktop to the user.

thin clients

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: suranajack

@suranajack wrote:

A thin client today is a compact piece of computing technology that accesses data remotely through a connection to a server and brings a virtual desktop to the user.

Thanks?
I don't quite follow how this is relevant to the discussion.  Installing on a thin client or accessing any Autodesk installation remotely on a server violates the license agreement. 
Please do not use this forum as a means to advertise your services.  There is a Classifieds forum for that.  Thanks.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report