Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The student version of Revit 2014 won't install

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jake_brady
525 Views, 2 Replies

The student version of Revit 2014 won't install

i am having the infamous 1603 error when I run the installer.  I have read tons of solutions, received e-mails with instructions, etc.  Nothing has worked yet.  One item that hasn't been addressed but seemed odd, is that when I download the software and open the installation program I notice there is a yellow caution triangle that indicates that there is no content and that it will be added during installation.  Is that normal or is that maybe indicating some other type of error in downloading and not an installation error?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DannyHubbard
in reply to: jake_brady

The yellow icon to indicate that content will be downloaded as part of the install is typical for Revit installs, unless you are installing from DVD or USB drive.

If you post the Autodesk log files from the TEMP folder we might be able to help.

You might also try redownloading Revit using the Virtual Agent from the following link, then try installing again.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Zeina94
in reply to: jake_brady

that yellow sign happened for me too, i finally got my revit to work after turning off real-time scanning on my mcafee. then revit installed! and after, i turned real-time scanning on again. hope that helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report