Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The software license failed to initialize Error 10

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
whitelightning298
18108 Views, 3 Replies

The software license failed to initialize Error 10

Hi there! I recently installed Autodesk 3DS Max 2013 and for some apparent weird reason, whenever I start the program, I recieve this message:

The software license failed to initialize

Error 10

I have no idea what or how that error can come about, I have my Product key and my serial  number with me. Do I have to input it somewhere in order for it to work?

Also, I've heard methods about re-installing, I haven't tried that yet but if that doesn't work, is there a plan B?

Also, there is no FlexNet files or service on my computer from what I've seen. I'm running on Windows 7 64bit by the way. My DirectX is also fully updated.

Thanks! -Aj

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17905584&linkID=9240617

Error 10 is almost always invalid serial number or activation limit reached.  But it might be more involved than that.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4

I see your point, but the thing is that I downloaded and installed it yesterday and theres nobody else in my entire house or family that uses this program. I'll consider a simple reinstall to see how it goes.

Message 4 of 4

I have sucessfully re-installed it and it works perfectly now! 😄

Thanks so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report