Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The software license checkout failed error 20

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Reinva
5299 Views, 4 Replies

The software license checkout failed error 20

Hi,

I get the message “The software license checkout failed error 20” when you start 3dsMax.

I have Windows7 64bits,

I deleted:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADUT

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ADUT

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

I reset FlexNet Licensing Service 64

but nothing works

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Otto
in reply to: Reinva

Hello Reinva and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you are seeing License was not obtained: error 20. The following articles should help you resolve the problem:

License was not obtained: error 20

How to force re-activation of a product

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 5
Darin.Green

If you deleted those directories, while the software is still installed, that's not going to help but instead make things worse. 

That being said, you'll need to uninstall the software and once that's completed, you need to make sure you also delete the following:

• C:\ProgramData\Autodesk
  • C:\Program Files\Autodesk
  • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared

If you need assistance with this, use the Clean Uninstall link in my signature under Resources.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 4 of 5
Reinva
in reply to: Darin.Green

when I delete these folders already had uninstalled the program. Also delete any registry key that had the word autodesk, delete any folder that had the word autodesk, delete the temporary folder, but when I returned to install 3dsmax the error remained.

Can I retesting without wait an hour to download the program for the third time? Is the previous download is somewhere? They can give me a link to download the program once and to make all necessary facilities?

Message 5 of 5
Reinva

I uninstall, clean and install four times for now and I get the same result.

Any solution for me?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report