Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The software license check out failed. Error 20.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Titaus
15069 Views, 3 Replies

The software license check out failed. Error 20.

Hey all,

I have a problem that I am hoping someone here can help me with. I was reading others with similar issues, tried messing with flexnet, and cascade to no avail.

While working in 3d max today, I get a BSOD related to my video drivers needing to be updated. I restarted my computer, and upon logging back into windows, and starting 3d max, I get the error message-

"The software license check out failed. Error 20."

I can't get back into 3d max, repair, or reinstall in windows control panel. When I try to uninstall, I get the message(s)-

"1: 5 2: Failed to install/uninstall the anchor service. The Service is in use, Please try again later 3: 1002" and
"1: 5 2: Failed to install/uninstall the anchor service. 3: 1002"
It then tells me that the product failed to uninstall.

What can I do?

My computer is-

Intel i7 2600

Gigabyte  Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard

G Skill 8gb DDR3 2133 RAM

EVGA Geforce GTX460 2048mb video card

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Titaus

Looks like some file corruption.

If you have no other Autodesk 2010/2011/2012 products, please delet the license files (c:\programdata\flexnet\adskflex*.*)

and try to uninstall.

If it fails, you might have to manually clean up the installation using a 3rd party tool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
aesera_ark
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Hi,

I have the same problem as above, I followed your instruction but not yet solved, same error is repeatedly shown.

What should I do now?

Aasif Ridwan 

Message 4 of 4
Seychellian
in reply to: aesera_ark

I have the same problem. Did you ever solve this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report