Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

120 REPLIES 120
Message 1 of 121
rp22854
9923 Views, 120 Replies

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

I get this message can you help ??

Regards

120 REPLIES 120
Message 101 of 121
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: stlegere

Hi @stlegere

To verify your serial number please have your colleague contact our Activation and Registration department directly instead:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus 
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

If you have further questions please be sure to let us know. Thank you!

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 102 of 121
stlegere
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Please process my case 09798238 ASAP which I submitted on 15 Jul 2014(Tuesday).

Message 103 of 121
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: stlegere

Hi John,

Refer to my reply via the case you submmitted. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 104 of 121
stlegere
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hi Joane,

Please check email that I just reply to your Autodesk Customer Support ‎[customersupport@autodesk.com]‎, thanks!

I will appreciate for your quick response.

Thanks!

Message 105 of 121
stlegere
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hi Joane,

Thank you for your quick response and I still need your help, please kindly reply my latest email.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Message 106 of 121
Brett_32
in reply to: rp22854

I have this issue with my license as well and I am waiting for a response to ticket no. 09800895. If this persists I won't have a machine available to use CAD on come Monday so any quick help would be appreciated.

Message 107 of 121
jessica.t
in reply to: Brett_32

Hi @Brett_32,

I have emailed the Activation and Registration department regarding your case. Sincere apologies for the wait, I hope to hear from them soon. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 108 of 121
Brett_32
in reply to: jessica.t

Hey Jessica,

Just wanted to let you know I managed to get in contact with a service agent and the problem is resolved, thanks for the help!

Message 109 of 121

I have the same problem, could anybody help me, please? 

Message 110 of 121

Hi @borja.molina.rueda and welcome to the Community!

To verify your serial number please have your colleague contact our Activation and Registration department directly:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus 
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

If you have further questions please be sure to let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 111 of 121

Hi,

i have this problem.

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again.

could you help me?

Message 112 of 121

Hi @biagio.puzzolante87 Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Usually if you see that type of error it means that the license has been marked upgraded or returned. To have your license status verified, please contact the Activation and Registration team directly:  http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus/activation-registration/activating-product/serial-numbers-an...

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 113 of 121
annaholand
in reply to: rp22854

Hi! 

I downloaded a student version of Autocad for mac 2015 and my trial expired. When I try to activate with the serial number I was given when downloadin the file I get the message: The serial number you entered is not valid. I also tried to request an activation code, but I can not find the request code. 

Any suggestions of how to go on from here? Thanks 🙂

Message 114 of 121
philip.s
in reply to: annaholand

Welcome to the community @annaholand!

Looking at your account I'm not seeing any 2015 licenses, just one for AutoCAD for Mac 2012. Can you confirm that you obtained a 2015 license from the Education Community?

If so and you're still running into the error, please contact our License Assistance Team for additional support.

Message 115 of 121
annaholand
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you Philip for the quick reply. 

Yes, I got it from Autodesk Education Community today. But I might have had that version some years ago. But I deleted all older versions on my computer before installing the 2015 one... Hm. 

Message 116 of 121
philip.s

I'd recommend going through the process again to obtain a 2015 license. If the same serial number does not work, try creating a new Education Community account with a different email address to obtain a new serial number.

How Students and Teachers can Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys in Education Community

Message 117 of 121
rhollis1

Hey I had a similar problem. I am currently taking DES 10, 21, and 2 at my Collge in California. I downloaded the student version of autocad at home and it asked for a serial number otherwise I can only use Autocad 2014 for only 30 days. I need it to last the whole semester and again for the next. Did I perhaps miss a step in downloading Autocad? Is there a way I could get my serial number? My professor said to contact somebody through Autodesk about the problem.

Thank You, -Robert

email: rhollis193@yahoo.com 

Message 118 of 121
annaholand

Thank you so much, it worked when I created a new account and got a new serial number. I really appreciate your fast reply 🙂 Have a good evening. 

Message 119 of 121
philip.s

You're most very welcome @annaholand!

@rhollis1, please take a look at the How Students and Teachers can Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys in Education Community solution for step by step instructions on how to obtain your serial number from the Education Community.

Message 120 of 121

Hi

I was reactivating 3dstudiomax with the new serial nr, and it does not work. Can you help me with this issue.

Kind regards

/Alex 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report