Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

120 REPLIES 120
Message 1 of 121
rp22854
9921 Views, 120 Replies

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

I get this message can you help ??

Regards

120 REPLIES 120
Message 81 of 121
judeandon01
in reply to: rp22854

Hi, I'm Jude and I'm currently using Inventor 2015 (Student Edition). All the programs have downloaded, but when I open Inventor it asks for my license key. I've tried typing it many times, but it comes up with "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 1)"...

If someone could help me on this, it would really be appreciated.

Message 82 of 121
judeandon01

Hi, I'm Jude and I'm currently using Inventor 2015 (Student Edition). All the programs have downloaded, but when I open Inventor it asks for my license key. I've tried typing it many times, but it comes up with "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 1)"...

If someone could help me on this, it would really be appreciated.

Message 83 of 121
djoh1546

I get this message even though I cut and paste from the email you sent.  Your online help system is very frustrating and just keep telling me that my serial is invalid, but when I try to request an activation code - I get the message that my serial is invalid.  suggestions?

Message 84 of 121
jessica.t
in reply to: djoh1546

Hi @djoh1546 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Apologies for the frustration! To reach the Activation and Registration team via Chat for Licensing Help please take the following steps:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

If you have any other questions please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 85 of 121
janani004
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi,

Hi, I'm also having the same problem with activation. It says the serial number is not valid (Error 2). Can u help me through it. I badly need to use the Revit software asap. Thank you

Message 86 of 121
robertp

I have the same problem.   Except mine says (1) at the end instead of a two.  

We have 4 copies of Autocad 2011 and no matter what serial number I try... I get the same message   "The serial number you entered is invalid"   Driving me crazy .... I've tried the website, mannual activation, phone number (no agents avail)    

Please someone help....  I've double checked the serial number from the boxes and the product information page from the help option on a working machine that I am replacing.... so I know the number is a valid serial number. 

Thanks,

Robert

Message 87 of 121
jessica.t
in reply to: robertp

Hi @robertp and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Typically when you see that type of error it means that the serial number you're trying to use has either been marked upgraded or returned. To verify your license, please contact our Activation and Registration team directly:

3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance.

If you have any other questions be sure to let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 88 of 121
darpan.bhadarka
in reply to: philip.s

Dear Sir

Please Send Autocad 2010 serial no & activat code

Message 89 of 121

Hi @darpan.bhadarka and welcome to the Community!

Are you looking for a student version of AutoCAD or a commercial one? Do you already own a license of the product?

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 90 of 121
help.desk

I'm having thsi error when activating AutoCAD Lt 2010 , i've email support but not heard anything back , Can anyone help?

Message 91 of 121
camilo.lemos
in reply to: help.desk

Hi @help.desk 

Please, send me your serial number and request code via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks!

Camilo Lemos

Message 92 of 121
stlegere

My serial number have the same problem and I already get your auto replied email for create a case for my serial number, I need help ASAP, thanks!

Message 93 of 121
camilo.lemos
in reply to: stlegere

Hi @stlegere 

Please, send me your serial number and request code via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks!

Camilo Lemos

Message 94 of 121
stlegere
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi Mr. Lemos,

Thank you for your quick response, please find the message in your inbox, thanks again for your help, lookinf forward for your good news!
Message 95 of 121
janani004

I'm having the same problem with Revit 2014.(The serial number you entered is not valid). Can some one help me through it. Thank you

Message 96 of 121
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: janani004

Hi @janani004

Please send me your serial number and request code via Private Message (click on my jeffrey.sin profile name and then click on Send This User a Private Message) and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks!

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 97 of 121
t.gale

When attempting to activate my educational version of Inventor Pro 2014, I get an "Invalid Serial Number" error after entering the serial number and product code that was emailed to me by Autodesk.  Please help.

Tim

Message 98 of 121
t.gale

When attempting to activate my educational version of Inventor Pro 2014, I get an "Invalid Serial Number" error after entering the serial number and product code that was emailed to me by Autodesk.  Please help.

Tim

Tags (2)
Message 99 of 121
jessica.t
in reply to: t.gale

Hi @t.gale and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

To verify your serial number please contact our Activation and Registration department directly:

3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

If you have further questions please be sure to let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 100 of 121
stlegere
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Hi Mr. Sin,

My colleague have the same problem like mine, can you help him?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report