Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

69 REPLIES 69
SOLVED
Message 1 of 70
6712 Views, 69 Replies

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

I am trying to activate my autodesk student liscense for 3ds max but I am getting this error when I choose the "connect now and activate" option: The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2).

Please help, this problem is really bugging me.

69 REPLIES 69
Message 41 of 70

Hello. I sent you private message. Why you didn't read?

Message 42 of 70

Hi aungmyomyint113,

Can you send me a private message with the serial number you are using?

Thanks!

Céline

Celine Manca
Message 43 of 70

900-xxxxxxxx

I got error for both Civil 3d 2014 and normal AutoCAD 2014.
[image: Inline image 1]

Message 44 of 70

Hi,

I've checked your serial number and I was not able to validate it. If you got it from the Student Community I suggest that you create a new account to get a valid serial number.

By the way I've just edited your post as serial numbers are confidiential information Smiley Wink

Céline

Celine Manca
Message 45 of 70

How to make new account?
Message 46 of 70

Hi,

You can create a new account on the Student Community from this page.

I also recommend you to use a different e-mail from your first registration.

Thanks!

Celine Manca
Message 47 of 70

I've been using 3ds max 2012 (company purchased) since it came out. I plan on temporarily transferring the license. But when i tried installing it on my laptop it kept saying my license is invalid.

Message 48 of 70

Hi,

Please send me a PM (click on t_gaisf profile name and then Send this User a Private Message) with your Serial Number, the request code and confirm the registered company name or contact our licence assistance team for direct support.

Franz Gaisbauer

Message 49 of 70
dsop
in reply to: 815196

Hi, I am getting the same problem too, can someone help me out? As I was unable to activate, my software has expired and cant be used now.

Message 50 of 70
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: dsop

Hi DSOP,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code so I can check the License and manually activate it. 

For future reference, you can click here to contact our Registration and Activation team directly for any Activation issues.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 51 of 70

Can you help me to please !!! I`ve just instaled my revit product and i`m working on my diploma project and can use the trial version ! i will send you the serial number and request code. Thanks a lot

Message 52 of 70

Welcome to the community @gherman_alin_gabriel!

Can you please contact our License Assistance Team for direct activation support if you're still in need?

To find self-service solutions or reach us via Chat for Activation and Licensing Help:
Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance. 

Message 53 of 70
andredseguin
in reply to: 815196

I'm also getting the following error message when I try to activate 3Ds Max for Education on my home computer: 'The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)'. Perhaps I need an 'activation code'. Is there any way you can help me with this activation problem?

Message 54 of 70
philip.s
in reply to: andredseguin

@andredseguin were you able to activate this one?

The most common cause of this error has to do with invalid or upgraded licenses (typically due to an expired subscription).

In your case, I would recommend looking through the following support article to locate your license information and make sure that what you've entered is accurate.

How to find your serial number and product key in your Autodesk Account

If you still are running into issues, please contact our License Assistance Team for direct activation support.

To find self-service solutions or reach us via Chat for Activation and Licensing Help:
Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Message 55 of 70
andredseguin
in reply to: philip.s

After I try to get a 3-year liscence for students from the Autodesk site, I get an email listing the product (student 3Ds Max 2015), my serial # and product key.  However, when I log in to my account, it lists the same serial # and product key but the product listed is AutoCAD.

My school requires that I have a copy of 3Ds Max for Education on my home computer. 

Please help me with this activation problem before my 30 day trial period ends.

Message 56 of 70
camilo.lemos

Hi @andredseguin 

In this case, your best bet is to create a new account on the Education Community using a different email address and obtain a new serial number for 3ds Max.

Please, try this and let us know if it helps.

Camilo Lemos

Message 57 of 70
andredseguin
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I don't need a new Autodesk ID/ username in addition to the new email, do I?

Message 58 of 70
camilo.lemos

Good question!

Yes, please use a different Autodesk ID.

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 59 of 70
adsanimator
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Your idea of changing my email address and Autodesk ID when registering worked! Thanks so much for your help.

Message 60 of 70

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report