Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

120 REPLIES 120
Message 1 of 121
rp22854
9918 Views, 120 Replies

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

I get this message can you help ??

Regards

120 REPLIES 120
Message 41 of 121
grace.liu
in reply to: raylinecamila

Hi raylinecamila,

Welcome to the Community!

The error 2 usually represents the input serial number is incorrect.

Could you please send me a Private Message (click on my grace.liu profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Product Key,  I will help to check.

Thanks,

Grace Liu

Message 42 of 121
marjo151
in reply to: grace.liu

Hello, i have the same problem also but with Error 1. And its the same serial i just got in a email from autodesk for 3d Studio student.

Cheers

Martin

Message 43 of 121
jessica.t
in reply to: marjo151

Hi Martin and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please send me a private message (click on my name and then "send this user a private message") with your serial number, full product name, and request code and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Or for immediate assistance, please contact our Licensing Assistance team.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 44 of 121
nickquast

I am also having this same error (error 1).  Can I get some help?

Message 45 of 121
jessica.t
in reply to: nickquast

Welcome to the Autodesk Community, Nick!

Please send me a private message (click on my name and then "send this user a private message") with your serial number, full product name, and request code and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 46 of 121
jetwings.a
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi there,

I encountered a lot of problems when I install Autodesk products on my computer(running windows 8). After the first 2 failure of installing AutoCad2014 , I was finally able to reinstall it. However, I'm not able to activate it due to this problem "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)". I also can't install 3ds max 2014. Can anyone help please? It's urgent, many projects are delaying because of these problems. Thanks in advance!

Message 47 of 121
jessica.t
in reply to: jetwings.a

Welcome to the Autodesk Community, Jet!

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 48 of 121
mstokov

Hello, I've been having the same problem. With 3ds Max. It says that my serial, the 900-xxxxxxxx one is wrong. Although I've used it for a few products already. I've had similar problems with activation of Inventor Pro 2013 and AutoCAD 2013, but have managed to solve them somehow on my own, but I don't remember how. With this experience, I'm pretty sure I can expect problems with activation of the future software I download. It would be really helpful if that could be fixed...

Also, I can't access my account since Autodesk changed its website. How or where should I log-in so that I can see the products (and their keys) that I had downloaded before?

Message 49 of 121
camilo.lemos
in reply to: mstokov

Hi mstokov,

If you are having repeated problems activating products downloaded from the Education Community, there has probably been an issue registering your account and linking a serial number to it. The best way to prevent this from happening again in the future would be to create a new account using a different e-mail address.

Regarding your sign in issue, are there any error messages being displayed? The first step you can take is to try logging in using a different browser, preferable with its cache and cookies cleared.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 50 of 121
atengco
in reply to: rp22854

I'm trying to comple the Product Registration and Activation but the request code is not valid. I copied the request code straight from the Activation Options page. Please help!!

Thanks.

Message 51 of 121
jessica.t
in reply to: atengco

Hi Alyssa and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I pulled up your activation history and saw that you've tried to activate this product several times, inputting the request code in different formats. I am also receiving the same error, that the request code does not match. The thing is, each activation attempt provides a different request code so it's possible that we have over exhausted this one. Can you please start the activation process again and generate a new request code so we can get a fresh start?

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 52 of 121
SharonKeaton
in reply to: philip.s

We have a network license and our IT person installed Rivet on each machine.  Can we get a temp code so that 2 engineers can run the demo version for 30 days?

Message 53 of 121
jessica.t
in reply to: SharonKeaton

Hello Sharon and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

When you install any version of an Autodesk product and do not have a serial number and product key the program will automatically run as a 30 day trial. However these trials are only available as standalone deployments.

You can download the Revit trial here if you still need it.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you need further information please respond to this post with greater detail.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 54 of 121
mvelazquez
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello

I have a problem with my activation product help me!! the product is Autodesk Education Master Suite 2014

Message 55 of 121
jessica.t
in reply to: mvelazquez

Greetings Marina and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Apologies for the activation troubles! If you are being presented with a request code you can contact the Licensing Assistance team for a manual activation to override the error.

This is also a networked license, so you want to make sure that your network license is set up correctly.

Please let us know you have further questions by responding to this post.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 56 of 121
tamercloud

I'm trying to activate my student version of Maya 2014 and I keep getting this error. What do I do?

Message 57 of 121
jessica.t
in reply to: tamercloud

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your product activation.

Please see this solution on how to resolve Error 2.

Or if you are being presented with a request code you can contact the Licensing Assistance team for a manual activation to override the error. Also be sure to include your pull product name when contacting them.

If this resolves your issue please mark it as a solution or offer kudos.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 58 of 121
gerasimo24

I am having similar issue, I have LT 2009, and recently purchased LT 2014.  I try to register 2014, and when I enter that serial where it asks to enter old serial, it says it is not valid.  Please help?

Message 59 of 121
jessica.t
in reply to: gerasimo24

Hi Gary and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I just did a quick search of your email in our system and found that your AutoCAD LT 2009 has already been used as an upgrade to activate another AutoCAD LT 2014. This license was registered back in December.

Apologies but you won't be able to use this license to activate the 2014 in question. Do you by chance have another previous version license you can use for the upgrade?

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 60 of 121
gerasimo24
in reply to: jessica.t

I should have 2 2009 licenses though?  If none are available what is the next step?  I am without AutoCAD right now and have drawings to finish for work!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report