Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

69 REPLIES 69
SOLVED
Message 1 of 70
6714 Views, 69 Replies

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

I am trying to activate my autodesk student liscense for 3ds max but I am getting this error when I choose the "connect now and activate" option: The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2).

Please help, this problem is really bugging me.

69 REPLIES 69
Message 21 of 70
jeremycreid
in reply to: 815196

Hey, i installed 3ds max 2013 (student) and I'm getting "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again (1). I get this message after clicking "connect now and activate"

Could I get help for this?

Message 22 of 70

Hi jeremycreid,

I checked your EDU Account and I am not seeing any downloaded software yet nor any Serial Number. Please do try downloading the software again using the log in details I sent via Private Message (click on the small envelope beside your profile name at the upper right side of the page).  

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 23 of 70
bon_bovi
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

I'm getting the same problem as everyone else. Help please!

Message 24 of 70
camilo.lemos
in reply to: bon_bovi

Hi bon_bovi,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and product request code.

Thank you.

Camilo Lemos

Message 25 of 70
liathierry
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi,every time I start Autocad Mechanical 2013, I get an error at the license screen and I have to restart the PC. I'm attaching a pricture with the error.

Thanks in advance.

Message 26 of 70
andrew_anthony
in reply to: liathierry

I'm also having the same issue trying to activate the Revit Architecture 2012.

Upon my initial attempt to download the software I received the following screen::

"Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault"
However I still had the BROWSER DOWNLOAD button available on the same screen and downloaded and installed, entering the serial number and product key which were also both provided on the screen.

However once I tried to activate with the same codes I then got the Serial Number is Invalid Problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 27 of 70

Hi andrew_anthony,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 28 of 70
smcmullin
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Another one here... I PM'd the info to Joane but just in case she's away, is there someone else I should be sending this information to?

Message 29 of 70
amanda.k
in reply to: smcmullin

Hi Sean,

Since Joane is not available at the moment please direct the PM to me. (Click on my amanda.k profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code

Amanda Kinley
Community Program Manager
Message 30 of 70
g_iles

I have the same issue.  Can i get some help?

Message 31 of 70
camilo.lemos
in reply to: g_iles

Hi g_iles,

Looking at your account, the quickest option for you would be to just register a new account with a different e-mail address and get a new serial number (you don't need to fully re-download the software; simply get to the part where the website gives you a serial number and use that new number to register your already installed program).

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 32 of 70
sosisayam

Hi Joanne, can you help me too? I have this same problem where the serial number i entered isnt valid. my serial number is  xxx xxxx xxxxand the programme is Autodesk 3DMAx Design 2013. Thanks a lo Joanne

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 33 of 70
EduardoHandal3914

I purchased Autocad 2009 at work late 2008 but then moved to another position and never installed or activated, i am back into mild autocad activity and tried to install, have S/N and activation code from the time of purchase but receive system error S/N is not valid. Try again. Can not activate the product

Eduardo
Message 34 of 70

Hello Eduardo!

"The serial number you entered is not valid" error is typically caused by a license that was upgraded per a subscription contract which has since expired. As it turns out that is exactly the case with your AutoCAD 2009 license which was upgraded to AutoCAD 2011.

With that being said, I'll send you a Private Message momentarily with the upgraded licensing information and corresponding download links.

Please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or reply with additional questions as needed.

Message 35 of 70
bink0322
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I am having the same problem with my serial number on 3ds Max 2010 64-bit.

What can I do to fix the problem?

thank you,

Message 36 of 70
philip.s
in reply to: bink0322

Hi Joe!

Your best bet for activation support or will always be directly contacting our License Assistance Team

With that being said, it also looks like your license was upgraded (in your case to 3ds Max 2011) and as the newer version has not yet been activated, you're entitled to use the 2010 software.

I'll send you a Private Message momentarily with the upgrade info. Should you wish to stay on 2010, please reply with the serial number and request code so that I can generate an activation code.

Message 37 of 70
SanieML

I am having the same problem with my serial number on Autocad2011 64-bit.

What can I do to fix the problem?

Message 38 of 70

Hi SanieML,

Please send me a Privated Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message with your Serial Number so I can check on it.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 39 of 70
ellman

Product Registration & Activation...

The serial number you entered is not valid Try again (1).

Do AutoCad LT 2010 Have any expiration date? Our company register LT 2010 for two years ago and now its not workning?

Message 40 of 70
camilo.lemos
in reply to: ellman

Hi ellman, 

Our commercial licenses are not normally set up to expire. However, I see that you are a subscription customer so what probably happened is that your 2010 software was upgraded to the most current version, which would prevent you from activating an older version-

I can check this for you if you send me the serial number in question via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message).

Best regards, 

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report