Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

120 REPLIES 120
Message 1 of 121
rp22854
10098 Views, 120 Replies

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

I get this message can you help ??

Regards

120 REPLIES 120
Message 2 of 121
camilo.lemos
in reply to: rp22854

Hi rp22854 and welcome to our community!

Can you please send me the serial numbr and product key of your product via Private Message (click on my screenname camilo.lemos and then on Send this User a Private Message) and I'll have a look and see what's wrong?

Thank you! 

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 121
sookie47
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I got the same problem

Message 4 of 121
DraiochtRiley

I have recently downloaded AutoCAD and i am getting the same message. Any help is appreciated.

Regards.

Message 5 of 121
philip.s
in reply to: DraiochtRiley

Hello Draiocht and Siqi,

In this instance you will need an activation code to manually override the error, of which I'd be happy to generate for you. Please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the corresponding request code and serial number.

Please note that for future reference you can also receive an activation code directly from our Registration and Activation team by clicking here.

Message 6 of 121
teobigboy

Hi! I'm new here and I'm getting the same error as the guys above. How can I resolvethis issue?

Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you! 

Message 7 of 121
RetroLadybird

I'm getting this message for Maya 2012, please help!!

Message 8 of 121
philip.s
in reply to: RetroLadybird

Hello Freya and Tio,

We're currently experiencing an Education Community issue which is preventing the standard / automated activation process from working properly.

With that being said you will need an activation code to manually override the system, of which I'd be happy to generate for you. Please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the corresponding request code and serial number or contact our Registration and Activation team for additional assistance.

Message 9 of 121
clong4
in reply to: philip.s

I am facing the same problem too. Regarding to your post, I sent you a private message about my product serial number and resquest codes.

Thank in advance for ur kindly help.

Message 10 of 121
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: clong4

Hi clong4,

My colleague Philip is done for the day.

Do resend the Serial Number and Request Code to me instead. I will manually generate the Activation Code for you.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 11 of 121

Aaa im facing the same problem 😞 help mee :(:(

Message 12 of 121

Hello Gracia,

Can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and corresponding request code.

Message 13 of 121
chemk_grey
in reply to: philip.s

I try to move licence to new computer and got same error:

Export Request Failed
The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)
Click the "Try Again" link to resubmit the request.
Try again
Error reference:1

Can you help me?

Message 14 of 121
camilo.lemos
in reply to: chemk_grey

Hi chemk_grey and welcome to our community.

Can you please send me your serial number via private message so I can have a look and see why this error is popping up (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message)?

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 15 of 121
rachellf358

my serial numbers not working either. Can anyone help me please?

Message 16 of 121

Dear rachellf358,

Please send the serial number through private message so we may validate and investigate further.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 17 of 121
pcarpenter

I am also having this issue.  Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Senior Engineer / Polar Services Manager
IRIS/PASSCAL
Message 18 of 121
philip.s
in reply to: pcarpenter

Sure thing Paul! 

So the "serial number you entered is not valid" error is typically caused by a license that was upgraded per a subscription contract which has since expired, which appears to be the case with your Inventor 2012 license that was upgraded to Inventor 2013. 

I'll send you a Private Message shortly with the upgraded license info as well as the corresponding download links.

Anyone else that finds themselves in a similar situation can also contact out License Assistance Team for direct support.

Message 19 of 121
globalengineering

We bought 5 units autocad lt 2013 in may 2012 and just renewed it until may 2014. Currently, we are upgrading our PCs/laptops so we already uninstalled 3 unit of the autocad, 2 unit still in the old PCs/laptops.
Unfortunately we were not able to install it to the new PC/laptops as the massage came up: "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again.(1)"
Both new and old serial we've already entered but the same massage appeared.

The other installation failed as well but with different massage: "AutoCAD LT 2013 - English is already installed. If you......"

Could anyone help how to solve the problem?

thank in advance

Message 20 of 121

Hi Jody,

You mentioned that you renewed your Subscription until 2014 and I'm making an assumption here based on the error mentioned below you are trying to activate the Serial Number.

If so, what is the Product version installed now on the machine? What Serial Number did you use when trying to activate? Do reply back with a screenshot of the error so I can check further on it. 

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report