Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again.(1)

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
cam491
4103 Views, 12 Replies

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again.(1)

I get this error message when I try to activate my copy of Maya 2013(student edition). Does having gotten it from the Facebook page for Autodesk Education have anything to do with this? I had to use the FB page since the Education Community login is broken(it keeps taking me back to the blank login form even though I know I'm getting the login right.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: cam491

Hello again Cameron!

Both Facebook and the Education Community utilize the same database / serial number generation system, so that would not be the cause. One possibility is that there is an account issue preventing the license from fully syncing, however I just accessed your account and confirmed that the serial number is setup correctly.

As such, can you either try again or send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the serial number and product key that you're using?

Message 3 of 13

I am trying to activate Autocad 2014 student edition and I keep getting the message The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again.(1). Please help!

Message 4 of 13
9dlf
in reply to: 161983

I am also getting the same error with my serial number for Autocad 2014 for the student version

Message 5 of 13
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: 161983

Hi Zoi,

Did you downoad and tried to activate Autodesk AutoCAD 2014? I sent you a Private Message (small envelope beside your profile name) with the Serial Number I pulled up using your email address. Please verify if that is the same one you entered.

For future reference, you can contact our Registration and Activation team directly for any Activation issues. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 6 of 13
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: 9dlf

Hi Drew,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code

Unlike Zoi's case, I was not able to pull up a Serial Number using your email address or other details on file.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 7 of 13
gokced
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hello! To whom it may concern,

I also receive the same error during Civil3D 2014 activation. I'm an undergraduate and have free access to the program from my university's library driver. However activation process cannot proceed even though i tried everything from changing dns addresses to the  FLEXLM_TIMEOUT command addition.

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance,

Gokce

Message 8 of 13
t_gaisf
in reply to: gokced

Hi Gokce,

Please send me a PM (click on t_gaisf profile name and then Send this User a Private Message) with your Serial Number, the request code and confirm the registered company name or contact our licence assistance team for direct support.

Franz Gaisbauer

Message 9 of 13
belisario2229

I am also receiving the same error on autocad 2015 student version. Someone please help

Message 10 of 13
jessica.t
in reply to: belisario2229

Hi @belisario2229 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

For licensing assistance, please contact our Activation and Registration team directly:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

There you will be able to chat with a live agent or submit an email if all agents are busy. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 11 of 13
belisario2229
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi, Jessica
I'm a student, so when I fill out the application to get help I do not have some of the information that is required.
Message 12 of 13
Chan.J

I also face this problem when i try to activate my studetn version of autocad 2015. How do i solve this?

Message 13 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: Chan.J

@belisario2229 the information needed to fill out the support form would be available in the activation process regardless of your license type. What exactly are you missing?

@Chan.J, in case you haven't already can you please contact our License Assistance team directly if you're still in need.

1. Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2. Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3. Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4. Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report