Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
gpeters
9035 Views, 10 Replies

I have AutoCAD 2010 and 2012 I when I go to regisgter both products they give me the same error

These are coming right off of the box.

Gregg Peters

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: gpeters

Hi gpeters,

Any chance these products were purchased with a Susbcription contract? If so, they will have been upgraded even though you never took them out of the box and your upgraded products will have different serial numbers and will invalidate the serial numbers of your old versions (the ones in the boxes).

Could you send me the serial numbers via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) and I'll have a look at it for you?

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 11
sirin
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I am facing this same problem with AutoCad Plant 3D 2012.
I wanted to upgrade my computer, so I uninstalled the program from the old computer and reinstalled it to the new one.

However, the error message appeared when I tried to put in the serial number and product key as shown on the box.

I don't know if the product was purchased with a subscription contract or has already been upgraded or not. 
Could you please help me? I will send you the serial number and product key via Private Message. 

Message 4 of 11
jeff.myers

I have the same problem. My AutoCADLT 2010 may have been updated with a software subscription but I need to reinstall it on a computer who HD crashed and the video card is not support in AutoCAD LT 2012 so I need to install this version even though it is older. Can I private message you the Serial Number and get this working again?

Message 5 of 11
asburyj
in reply to: jeff.myers

You best bet will be to fill out the form linked below for activation assistance

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 11
jsrmid
in reply to: asburyj

I ran into this issue, I called the support line and they advised me that due to a newer version being released the serial number no longer worked. They gave me a new one and got it activated

Message 7 of 11
BethDooley8808
in reply to: jsrmid

What number did you call? I have been trying to reach someone and cannot. I had to resinstall my whole OS and now AC 2010 will not activate, says my licesne is invalid. 

Message 8 of 11
dgorsman
in reply to: BethDooley8808

If you purchased through a reseller, call them.  This is one of the BIG things about going through a reseller instead of an online retailer like Amazon - the purchase agreement usually includes a variety of added-value options for additional support over the phone or in person.  If you don't have an active support agreement with anybody e.g. your Subscription is lapsed you may have difficulty getting support that you aren't paying for.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 9 of 11

i have the same problem please healp me i need the program and this is my S.N   XXX-XXXXXXXXX/001F1    this is my emil ,, A.jams.zizo@hotmail.com  respond please as fast as u can 

Message 10 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: 5311137

Hi @5311137 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I have removed the serial number from your post. Please, do not post your product serial number on public websites and forums such as this one.

The serial number you posted here is not an official Autodesk serial number. Did you obtain it from one of our websites?

Camilo Lemos

Message 11 of 11
ksistek

I installed a student version of AutoCAD 2015 for MAC from AUtoCAD's Student Community webiste directly, and it says that the serial number that Autodesk gave me is not valid. I filled out the online form for licensing assistance through Autodesk and they repsonded to say that as it's a student version,  they cannot help me, but recommended I just get a new email address and redownload. It seems there should be a better solution than that...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report