Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the security system is not functioning or is improperly installed

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fshen3
4607 Views, 5 Replies

the security system is not functioning or is improperly installed

I installed autoCad 2013 and 3ds Max 2013 on my laptop( windows 7). they were run very well at first. however, there was a error ocurred when i tried to open 3ds max several days after. it is error 2: the software licensing service chceckout failed. so I searched online and tried to find a solution. I tried to delete the file in Flexnet and turn on the flexnet service but both did not fix my problem. after that I tried to open autoCAD, it doesn't work as well and display a window says the security system(softlock license manager) is not functioning or is improperly installed! now I am really dont know what i should do next. can anyone help me with this? thinks a lot!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: fshen3

try this: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/01/licensing-the-security-system-softlock-license-ma...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
gwc
Explorer
in reply to: DarrenP

The above documented solution did not work for me but I did find the solution after troubleshooting for several hours. I finally determined a solution via much trial and error and luck. Registry tweaks and uninstalls/reinstalls did not work. I even deleted all known Autodesk files after uninstalling (the thrid time) and that didn't work.

What finally did work was this: After reviewing the "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\CIV3D2012ENUAdlm.log" I decided the problem must be the ProductInformation.pit file in the same folder. I replaced this file with one from a computer with a working install and the prolblem was fixed.

I'm not sure why my clean installs did not work as this file was surely deleted, but for some reason my install kept loading as a standalone when we use a network license. Maybe that had something to do with it. Either way, I've set the registry key to point to the network for licensing and it's working. It's almost 1AM and I'm going to bed. 😛

Message 4 of 6
morgosmacko
in reply to: gwc

Thank you, gwc. Your solution worked fine this time and I can go to bed much earlier. 🙂

Replacing the "ProductInformation.pit" file with a working one from another computer solved my problem.

Message 5 of 6
gwc
Explorer
in reply to: fshen3

Glad to hear it! Saving someone hours of frustration eases the sting of wasting several hours myself.

Message 6 of 6
gary.kirk
in reply to: gwc

Thanks for posting GWC!  I encountered the same issue today with one of our employees.  I think it might be related to the file getting corrupted due to low disk space, but that is just a guess.  In any case, your pain saved me much chagrin.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report