Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The copy functions cannot be used

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Passi
2058 Views, 1 Reply

The copy functions cannot be used

Hi,

first of all, I searched in these forums and also on the other places in the internet.

Ther're a lot of hints, tipps etc. but most of them are not working in our case, or are impossible to use.

Our Situation:

We are trying to install the Product Design Suite Standard / Professional 2014 via network deployment.

So, I created a network deployment as usual on my local PC and then copied it to the server and changed all necessary files. Then I deleted all local files and tried the installation on my PC. Everything fine.

Now a different person used my deployment and it is not working, he gets this message:

"The copy functions cannot be used" and after clicking on ok, he gets the next message for a different file.

This user has 100% the same permissions I have (it's a cloned user).

The network is connected and the line is also stable. Regarding the hints in the internet, we've tried the following steps:

1. Check the permissions on local and network drives

2. Checked the UAC Settings

3. Created a second deployment directly on the server and not moving it from local to network, to make sure that I don't forget a thing 🙂

4. Deactivated the Antivir program

What we cannot do is the following:

Copy the files to the local drive and change all the ini files etc. to the local PC.

Why?

Because we have to do this job for more then 150 PC's around the globe (Global License Agreement) and that will not work. Then we can go directly from PC to PC and can install the data from disc manually and we don't need a deployment.

So, is there a masterhint to this problem?

Best Regards to all

Passi

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ukdxb012
in reply to: Passi

Back in the day we used to create Deployment Images on servers throughout our offices.

The DI would be created in one site that was mapped via a specific drive letter, anybody that needed to run the installer had to map to their local server exactly (DI was copied to each site) as the original to run the DI. could this be the very same issue you face?

We now use DFS which is a lot simpler... Effectively no matter which site a DI is created, the paths are all the same (No mapped drives), it also replicates the Image to all local servers in each office (no manual copy) to optimise the install speed rather than transferring a massive product over the WAN to all sites from one server.

Have a look at the following links, they may help... http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/10/deploying-autocad-2014-the-copy-functions-cannot-... And http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2014/04/copy-function-cannot-be-used-during-deploy...

Good luck!

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report