Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP_NODELAY NOT enabled

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ukdxb012
22958 Views, 4 Replies

TCP_NODELAY NOT enabled

Can any one tell me what this means in our Logfile from our Autodesk License Manager?

10:52:13 (lmgrd) adskflex using TCP-port 2080
10:52:14 (adskflex) TCP_NODELAY NOT enabled

How can i make the TCP_NODELAY NOT enabled disappear? What does this feature actually do?

I ask because one File server is reporting the above and the other isnt...

Thanks 🙂

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: ukdxb012

You can set TCP_NODELAY as an environment variable, but it won't really do anything substantial for you.  You can ignore this message.

Are you having an actual problem?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
ukdxb012
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for getting back to me.

We basically have Primary and Secondary Servers for our Autodesk licenses.

When i have interrogated the Log files, one is reporting the following...

The other is just reporting...

I wanted to know what this setting is doing and where its set as our Primary and Secondary should really mirror each others settings. One is basically a backup incase the primary goes down.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 5
DarrenP

@DuncanBrannan82 wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me.

We basically have Primary and Secondary Servers for our Autodesk licenses.

When i have interrogated the Log files, one is reporting the following...

its because the service isn't running

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
mj
Observer

Here is the description if what TCP_NODELAY does & why you would want it enabled. I found this on an IBM help site but it was the clearest description I came across. I also have two license servers, one giving this message and one not. Seems like something is messed up in the license manager installer if it isn't consistently setting this variable. 

When a FLEXnet licensing session is established, TCP/IP sends data between the server and client by using packets. By default, the TCP/IP processing kernel delays small packet transmissions to gain an efficiency advantage. The advantage occurs by using a buffer to coalesce many small packets before sending them across the network. The delays can result in artificially high latency times for the small packets that are related to most FLEXnet licensing operations.

Set the TCP_NODELAY system setting (as a FLEXnet license server environment variable) to overcome the delay behavior and to reduce the licensing wait period. Usin g this setting causes data packets to be sent through the network more frequently. As a result, there is less of a delay in the licensing process due to TCP/IP operations. However, network traffic can increase as a result of smaller and more frequent licensing-related packet transmissions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report