Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
388 Views, 6 Replies

System Requirements

After registering and finally activating my account, I've discovered that I don't have the system requirements to install AutoCad.....

I only have the system requirements for 2008 version and the only downloadable versions go back to 2010....

They seem to require 2GB ram if you have vista which I do....

anyone else had this problem...any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Upgrade. RAM and video cards are cheap. So is Windows 7.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

thanks, not long after submitting post I realised I could just upgrade RAM! D'oh!  Didn't realise Windows 7 is cheap...is it easy to replace Vista with that?  I may look into it sometime.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

Sure is, you can upgrade directly to it.  It performs much better than Vista. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Oh my brain isn't working!

So I bought some RAM and after adding a 1gb memory card my laptop is whizzing really fast!  I began downloading a Autocad version and realised that the Processing speed is also an issue for me :smileyindifferent

I'm not sure if I can replace my CPU, will look into it.  But my system could cope with 2009 Version which isn't availible, any ideas if I can get hold of it somehow.

Thanks for any ideas. 

Message 6 of 7
philip.s

Hello Vicky,

As the Education Community typically supports up to 2 prior versions, the only way to obtain a 2009 license would be to purchase a 2012 commercial copy on subscription, which entitles use of up to 3 previous releases.

As this might not be the most practical scenario for a student, looking into the purchase of a new computer might be the better route to explore.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you for that information,  thought it might be the case, good excuse to get a new pc 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report