Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from stand alone to Single License Server

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
josephbouza5497
365 Views, 4 Replies

Switch from stand alone to Single License Server

Hi,

We had a small dilemma. We did a MEP install from the media and inadvertently selected stand alone for the license. The problem is IT use that machine to create and Image for 20 other work stations. Is there a way to change to Single License Server without installing and reinstalling. I have since created a deployment on the server for the future. Can this be used somehow? I tried going to control  panel and modifying the local install, I expected it to ask for media/ have disk and point to the deployment, but it never ask. How did it reinstall without media?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Unfortunately no.  You will have to reinstall.  If you created a deployment as a stand-alone deployment instead of a network deployment, then you will have to also recreate the deployment because reinstalling from that deployment will also be futile.  Sorry about that.  Smiley Sad

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Travis

It will not be so bad after all. MEP unistalls and reinstalls much faster than civil3d. And thanks, I did redo the deployment for single serve license

Message 4 of 5

Then you should be all set.  If you run into any issues, let me know. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: josephbouza5497

thanks

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report