Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap LT with FULL license

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
samuellauridsen
225 Views, 3 Replies

Swap LT with FULL license

Hello,

My coworker and I both have standalone AutoCAD licenses. However one is the LT version and one is FULL. We need to swap the license types between our two computer. We tried to use the license export utility, I exported my license and he exported his. However, I was not able to activate the product after swapping serial numbers. It told me that the serial number was not valid. Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this ? Thanks in advance!

Samuel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

His serial number may have been upgraded or cross-graded or lapsed Subscription.  Typically this is why that happens.  You didn't use the LT to upgrade to full AutoCAD, did you?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4

No we did not use the LT to upgrade to FULL. 

I am a little confused on how this works. I was told that the version doesn't really matter because we just pay per year for a certain number of "seats". We have X number of full and Y number of LT. Is there a process I have to go through to upgrade a serial number from 2013 to 2014?

Message 4 of 4

If it is under Subscription, then it is Automatic.  However, if Subscription lapsed for any reason, you might have to get a new serial number for your older product.  You can request this from your Subscription Center.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report