Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppliers Serial Number invalid

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
LisaDrago
715 Views, 6 Replies

Suppliers Serial Number invalid

Hello - I have a client that is having issues licensing his Civil 3D seats.

It says that the Suppliers Serial Number is invalid.

Which if you think about it - we are getting it from Autodesk...

I have confirmed the serial numbers with Autodesk and they are correct 

So the software is installed - it is just licensing it.

Anyone have this issue? If so what did you do.

I will be heading to their office in about an hour. (I just got off the phone with them)

Thanks!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: LisaDrago

Typically, invalid serial numbers happen because a product was upgraded or cross-graded, or it was under Subscription that has lapsed.  In those instances, a previously installed and activated product won't install and activate again.  If the contract is still valid, or renewed, and it is and older version than the current 2014, then you can probably get a new prior use serial number request thru the Subscription center (or you as the Reseller can make this request.)

If you have looked up the serial number in the system and it is indeed valid, not upgraded, and under Subscription, then there should be no excuse for it not to work except for the fact that the activation system is being wonky.  In that case, you might just be able to call in an activation code. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
LisaDrago

This is an upgrade from civil 3d to ids.
I have the correct 2014 numbers - but it is crashing when we put them in .

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

I see.  It could be related to the 2014 Activation crash problem that has been popping up lately.  I have it in my sig line currently, but the KB on it is here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21825687&linkID=12305695

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
LisaDrago

That is exactly what it sounds like it is doing!!!

My meeting got pushed back to 2 - So this will be the first thing I look for.

Thanks again!

LD

Message 6 of 7
LisaDrago

Well it turned out to be the product key!
They had the wrong one. Also the one listed with their serial number was wrong. Once we got the right one in - everything went perfect.
Wow... That was interesting.
Thanks for your help!
LD

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

Gotta love it!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report