Hello - I have a client that is having issues licensing his Civil 3D seats.
It says that the Suppliers Serial Number is invalid.
Which if you think about it - we are getting it from Autodesk...
I have confirmed the serial numbers with Autodesk and they are correct
So the software is installed - it is just licensing it.
Anyone have this issue? If so what did you do.
I will be heading to their office in about an hour. (I just got off the phone with them)
Solved! Go to Solution.
Typically, invalid serial numbers happen because a product was upgraded or cross-graded, or it was under Subscription that has lapsed. In those instances, a previously installed and activated product won't install and activate again. If the contract is still valid, or renewed, and it is and older version than the current 2014, then you can probably get a new prior use serial number request thru the Subscription center (or you as the Reseller can make this request.)
If you have looked up the serial number in the system and it is indeed valid, not upgraded, and under Subscription, then there should be no excuse for it not to work except for the fact that the activation system is being wonky. In that case, you might just be able to call in an activation code.
I see. It could be related to the 2014 Activation crash problem that has been popping up lately. I have it in my sig line currently, but the KB on it is here:
That is exactly what it sounds like it is doing!!!
My meeting got pushed back to 2 - So this will be the first thing I look for.